Break sensor light still on

Asked by Apr 19, 2011 at 04:37 AM about the 1999 Cadillac Catera RWD

Ok, Im new to this whole posting thing, but I am absolutely at my wits' end. I just bought '99 Catera 2 months ago and it needed brakes which I knew when I purchased the car. I got both the front and rear pads replaced and my mechanic advised that I did not need rotors or any re-surfacing. With this, it still seems as if my brakes are grinding and the brake sensor light is on even more now than ever. My 'mechanic' says that this is because my rear differential's front seal is leaking and is messing the axle up and give the impression that the brakes are grinding when in fact they aren't. Does this make sense? Do this sound right? Is this an expensive repair? Any input would be welcome at this time. Thank you.

3,425

I have never heard of a leaking seal causing a grinding effect. A rear differential seal replacement is not that expensive, but I reccomend getting more than one quote for the job. Please award points if this helps at all

Best Answer Mark helpful

did you ad a look at the hand brake pads?? rearwheel bearing they might be tight but spoted.

I just had mr breaks replaced and the sensors need to be replaced to turn the light off on the dash. But that's all I know. Mine is off now and it was 60.00 for the pair. 2nd opinion I guess u would need.