Car Overheating

Asked by Jun 15, 2016 at 03:33 PM about the 2000 Cadillac Seville STS

I've replaced water pump thermostat and all
radiator and overflow tank hoses no leaves but
still overheats and coolant comes out around
overflow tank cap. What else could it be ? Please
help I'm stumped , maybe I'm not bleeding it
properly , I don't know.

95,025

Are you sure it is overheating or is it too much cooling system pressure? Does the exhaust look like it is smoking and have a sweet smell? I'm thinking it might be a blown head gasket.

I believe it may I can smell antifreeze inside the car but no leakage inside or out from the heater coil.how much is that type of fix if I did it myself .at least give me somewhat of an estimated cost if possible

Oh and now my ac and heater fan isn't working

95,025

The gasket kits are fairly cheap on E-bay, your largest expense is going to be the machine work and the head bolt insert labor unless you know somebody in a machine shop that can help, I figure about a grand.

Yes I do know a machinist he will give me a good deal but is still a lot of work but I guess it's got to be done . Oh thanks for the help I appreciate it . Just out of curiosity have you ever heard of or used this stuff call heal a seal ? I W's just wondering if it works or if it's a bunch of hot air. What do you think about it ?

95,025

I used blue devil, I think that is what it's called, on a GM Quad 4 that had a cracked head and it worked for about a year before the headgasket blew between cylinders, so if you follow the directions precisely and the crack is not too big it will work temporarily, but it is just treating a symptom not the problem, some of this other stuff will plug up heater cores, radiators and some of the smaller cooling ports in the engine, so if your thinking about using a block sealer use blue devil. If you want to see it in action just you tube it, there are some Cadillacs in there.

Best Answer

Ok, thanks ill check into that but will go ahead with replacing the head gasket anyway. It just seems to be the way to go with this problem. Thanks again the info is very appreciated , God Bless Chalie