Check engine light

Daryl Robinson

Asked by Apr 05, 2016 at 02:24 AM about the 2000 Cadillac Seville SLS

Reset check engine light

To reset the check engine light, you need a scanner, but will not do you any good until you fix the problem. The light would just come back on. Have the codes read to tell you what the problem is to be fixed. You can go to Auto Zone to have it scanned for free.

Dzemo Kilic

try this option: you must have your key turned only on accessories and Hold down the up button and the on/off button for 4 seconds. Then from there you can choose clear codes then punch on/off, then you choose clear all codes and push on/off. after you are finished push info reset button twice and after all lights go off on dash turn key off and your finished. otherwise you might need OBD 2 scanner (usually go for $100 at most auto parts stores when on sale)