why wont my cadillac dhs 2001 start after a fuse blow out?

Asked by Jan 30, 2013 at 01:21 AM about the 2001 Cadillac DeVille DHS

trying to connect my new touchscreen stereo the wires touched made a short out which made my whole car shut off the only things that have power are the seats, i tracked it down to a fuse i canged the fuse n  stilli dont have electricity in the dash n no lights come on n my car wont start.

55

to sum it up for you basically when you blow a fuse on a Cadillac it pretty much has to go back to the dealer for the PCM to be reset by the master computer

Ouch. I believe you Matt, I am not disputing what you said, it's just seems like a pain in the rear, GM does want you back at the dealer I grant you that. It just seems that if something shorted out and still left power to the seats and nothing else is odd.

55

Im a auto techand iwas replacing a battery in one one day and made that mistake now I do them w th engine running.customor was pissed.

115

It says in the owner manual that adding non-OEM components may damage your vehicle.