I have a 2001 Cadillac deville. I'm looking for a second vin number. Cars repainted so it doesn't have one on the door jambs. Does anybody know where else this vehicle would have one?

45

Asked by Sep 27, 2014 at 08:15 PM about the 2001 Cadillac DeVille Sedan FWD

45,845

If it's not on the dash at the bottom of the windshield, check on the vehicle registration card or the title.

22,290

If its not at the base of the windshield it should be on the frame near the firewall. Sometimes GM will have Vin number on stickers on each front fender.

350

If it is NOT on the dash ...then I would be very suspicious that you're in possession of a stolen vehicle that has been altered. As the standard place for North American VIN numbers is in the dash at the drivers side. Period. ...Jim

45

It is on the base of the windshield. Car is fully customized. Dmv worker said I can find it in the glove compartment which I got rid off to add a 20" tv. Or the trunk. But also did not find it there as the trunk is also custom. I'm trying to avoid a chp inspection. Checked the firewall as well and it wasn't there either. I know it's on the frame of the car but the dmv said they won't bother looking underneath

22,290

Oh wow! Very cool ride! If it's that custom you might just have to have the chp do the inspection. It will help with your insurance company too. If something bad where to happen with it then you're butt is covered from an insurance and police standpoint.

Best Answer Mark helpful
45

Thanks. I think your right I might as well let them inspect it. I damm near to this thing apart yesterday. I just didn't want them to label it an unsafe vehicle due to the air suspension

22,290

Oh I totally understand what you mean. They shouldn't lable it unsafe if it was done right. Glad I could help you.

350

Hi Guero ...that is a nice custom indeed. Perhaps the VIN was removed due to the custom work ...was the dash changed. But again ...the Motor Vehicle Act states these numbers cannot be removed or altered. Since you can find NO VIN numbers at all in the regular places ...I would heed my advice ...you may be in possession of a stolen vehicle. It will likely be towed in for an inspection upon your first road side check by the police ...be cautious of this type of thing ...Jim

45

I fully redid the whole interior. Dash board and all. Vin is still visible on the dash thru the window. I've owend this car for 6 years. It's registered to my name since I bought from the dealer. My sound system in the trunk is also custom . I would have to take the whole thing apart for me to get a better look inside there...

350

Sorry Guero; I misunderstood your question then ...I thought you could NOT find the VIN number anywhere. Why do you need the second number location? You did a nice job on it. ...drive safe ...Jim

How you get to the vin number in that cadillac and how do you take it off and put your old one on that car mines is a 01 cadillac eville the car i getting is a 02 cadillac deville

How you get to the vin number in that cadillac and how do you take it off and put your old one on that car mines is a 01 cadillac deville the car i getting is a 02 cadillac deville