Cadillac sevelle security system fuse

Asked by Sep 09, 2016 at 12:53 PM about the 2002 Cadillac Seville SLS

Car auto theft system wont let me start car

Up Front

If that is your problem. You might want to try to relearn the key to your car. To do this put key in ignition and turn to run. The security light will flash. Leave it on the on position till it stops flashing. Will maybe take 15 minutes. Then turn key to off wait a couple of seconds and trim back to run. The light will be flashing again wait til iit stops flash again the then turn off for a couple of seconds and turn back to run. It will start flash again. When it stops flash. Turn off the. Try to start car if this is your problem and you did these steps correctly the car will start

Justin Hatfield

This is related to the antitheft system. The system is known for turning off the starter and/or injectors when it fails. Normally when the injectors are turned off, the car will run for a second or two, and then stall. When it's the security locked out starter, you won't even hear a click when you turn the key. Is there a light on the dash that says SECURITY or a picture of a car with a lock through it? This is a common problem worth looking into. & RELEARN PROCEDURE: Turn the key on, with the engine OFF. Try to start the engine, then release the key to ON, Engine will not start. Watch the security telltale, after about 10 mins, it will turn OFF. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes. You must turn the ignition OFF for 30 seconds before attempting to start the vehicle after the 3 cycles. Then start the engine .