2002 Cadillac deville dhs issues

Asked by May 11, 2014 at 12:36 AM about the 2002 Cadillac DeVille DHS Sedan FWD

I have a 2002 Cadillac deville dhs 56,000 miles, lately the car has been intermittently
stalling when I stop at a red light. I have to put the car in park and start it again. There are
no codes.
Dealer thought the problem was idle control motor, so they replaced idle control motor
and cleaned throttle body and performed fuel injector flush one month ago at Cadillac

Same problem started, left the car at dealer for 4 days and they are unable to find the
Any thoughts and suggestions would be helpful.

I have gotten bad (new) iac motors before. Did the problem go away when they first did the work? If so I would suspect a defective iac motor.

The problem was psoriatic to begin with. The dealer was sure this was it but the issue still exists....

If they used cheap replacement iac I would suspect its bad. Of course not much is cheap with a Cadillac. I went thru three new iac within a month or so on my wife's car. The cheap red neck that I am I was using the fifty dollar (new, good as oem) on line parts. Guess what they are not good as oem. Last one was the charm. But if it goes out again I will replace it with an oem one. $250 part.

I hope that's the issue, although the idle control motor cost me $458 just for the part from dealer.we will find out this week, car is at dealer again.

Ok but if it was their bad part they should replace at no cost to you.