battery is dying...put a new battery in and two months

5

Asked by Jon Nov 18, 2014 at 03:34 PM about the 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS FWD

put a new battery in two months later is back dead. I charged the battery and it wont take a charge but when I jump the car it starts right on up. so I ran the car for 20 minutes battery is not even charged to start the car it my alternator going bad, because the car runs but no charge is going to the battery....I NEED SOME ADVICE ON WHAT THIS IS

14,145

check ur alternator either take it off and take it to autozone or oriellys and get it bench tested or check the volt off of it by putting the positive test prob on your alternator post and the other on ur negative battery post it should be above 13.5 volts

5

I don't have a voltage meter so how do I check the volts....

14,145

take it off and take it to a car store ad get it bench tested

5

to get to the alternator do I have to take the radiator out

14,145

can you send me a pic of the engine and I will try to point it out to u