why the only button that works on my remote is the trunk release and the others doesn't work in 2011 chevy malibu LTZ?

100

Asked by Aug 14, 2014 at 12:15 PM about the 2011 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ FWD

the only button that works on my remote is the trunk release and the others doesnt work
and i have 2 remotes and both of them have the same problem pls anyone can help? and i
changed the batteries and it didn't work as well

100

yes i can open it with the key

100

the problem was with the rubbers under the buttons of the remote control i changed it and now its all good and it all works normally and it was the issue for both of my remotes.

130

I'm having the same problem with my remote. Where do you get the rubbers from?

20

I had the same issue with the rubber. Dealership fixed it for $16

690

If this is just strictly a KEY FOB ISSUE like mine was, there is an easy solution! If you're looking to avoid going to the dealership, or your vehicle is no longer under warranty, I had some stuff laying the house that fixed this problem for me. Very fast, easy and cheap! 2 things you'll need...1) Super Glue, 2) Aluminum Foil or Conductive Copper Tape. I had the same issue with my 2012 Malibu (Lock, Unlock, and Remote Start would NOT work). Trunk release and alarm buttons both worked still, fuses in the car were good. I took apart both key fobs, and removed the circuit boards with the battery attached. Took the back side of the rubber pieces with the conductive contacts showing, and super glued VERY small pieces of conductive copper adhesive tape to the tiny contact circles (ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE RUBBER PIECE). Put it back together, works like a charm every time now! Very cheap fix, and you can do it yourself in no time! I recommend trying that as it worked for me. Hope this helps someone looking for an easy fix...

30

Hello I have a 2009 Malibu that had the same problem described above by Ryan. I tried his KEY FOB recommendation and it worked like a charm. Thank allot for sharing your solution!

Thank you so much for sharing. Genius. Lol.

120

My 2012 Malibu would not unlock so I placed tiny pieces of aluminum on the rubber part of the fob on the inside, and didn’t even glue it. I pop the back back on it worked like a charm. Thank you everyone for sharing this information it really really helps and it really really worked!

Thank you for sharing this!

10

Thanks so much for sharing Ryan. I've been without a working remote for over a month now and started to think it was something serious.

40

12/08/2018 I did what Ryan said to do below. No glue needed. Just put small pieces of aluminum foil in the rubber pushbutton part of the key fob's. Both remotes are now working perfectly. Thanks Ryan. Huge help. Paul Ryan answered about a year ago If this is just strictly a KEY FOB ISSUE like mine was, there is an easy solution! If you're looking to avoid going to the dealership, or your vehicle is no longer under warranty, I had some stuff laying the house that fixed this problem for me. Very fast, easy and cheap! 2 things you'll need...1) Super Glue, 2) Aluminum Foil or Conductive Copper Tape. I had the same issue with my 2012 Malibu (Lock, Unlock, and Remote Start would NOT work). Trunk release and alarm buttons both worked still, fuses in the car were good. I took apart both key fobs, and removed the circuit boards with the battery attached. Took the back side of the rubber pieces with the conductive contacts showing, and super glued VERY small pieces of conductive copper adhesive tape to the tiny contact circles (ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE RUBBER PIECE). Put it back together, works like a charm every time now! Very cheap fix, and you can do it yourself in no time! I recommend trying that as it worked for me. Hope this helps someone looking for an easy fix...

20

Bought a replacement shell with the rubber insert that looked identical to the factory shell.Took the transistor part out put it in the new casing and it worked as good as it left the factory Bought this product on Amazon and it is called Key-less 2 to go new replacement shell and 5 button key pad. Identical to the original Key fab cost $7.50 for both remotes Lenny St. Peters Mo.

30

Tried Ryan's hack hesitantly but it frickin worked!!! Thanks a ton Ryan!! The dealership wanted $170 for a new fob and programming... Jerks!

Tried Ryan’s trick and it worked perfectly!!!! Thanks Ryan...quick and very easy fix in just 5 minutes!!!

Worked like magic, Thank you Ryan.