not sure what to do about my car! :( cadillac seville 2004

Asked by May 18, 2015 at 09:07 PM about the 2004 Cadillac Seville SLS

i have a 2004 cadillac seville. ive noticed ( not all the time) that when im at a stop light waiting that my car will shut off.. this morning and cut off when i was trying to reverse out the drive way and this is the first time it has ever done that. but mostly when im sitting still for a while. ive tried idoling, ive tried putting the car in park nd just revving the engine a little but. but nothing works... im not sure what to do..or what could be the problem. i know wen its going to happen because the car kinda shakes or jolts if you would. Thanks.. :) i got the car from my dad who passed in january and i really dont want to get rid of it. ive already put 800+ dollars into it..

37,345

Is the check engine light on? And what have you replaced so far?

yes its on.i had issues with the car over heating so we replaced the thermostat, and water pump. also ive done the maintenance stuff breaks...oil change stuff like that.

37,345

Stop by an Autozone and have your error codes read. Post them back here. You will probably find you have a bad O2 sensor or a bad MAF.

64,815

Is it still overheating? If so, check for a blown head gasket. Northstars are notorious for blowing head gaskets. HTH. -Jim

No it stopped over heating. Just the check engine light and the car shutting off randomly is the issue. But i may go to autozone this week and see what they tell me.