neither door button or keyfob will open trunk or make a sound on my used just purchased '04.

285

Asked by Jan 06, 2014 at 11:51 PM about the 2004 Cadillac CTS RWD

trunk diode under right rear seat tests ok. Bought "trunk relay" @ Rock Auto but don't
know where to plug it as $27 Haynes manual spec order has not word one re: trunk auto
open. There's no valet switch in glove box (and sadly no light either, to go with the
missing locking gas filler and ign key slot light) and dealer gets $160 for new latch & no
returns on electronic items - not sure if this falls in this category. Next most economical
step is try the 4 prong relay if only knew where to insert.  Please no pseudo comedians...

285

At least no one told where to insert this, Ha Answering my own ? Which of course is preceded by thi$ familiar $ign, 630 of them, to have local non dealer mech install & dealer stamp their $100 min seal of program on a new RIM module to replace the one prob installed by the pseudo used car dealer I bought this from to overcome the immobiliser and end the DIC msgs triggered by the legal theft (repo - which I only learned of via getting title in mail after purchase - my bad) & which according to mech was issuing checksums for a truck. The dealer actually told me during test drive that someone may have tried to steal the radio! The relay was a hope for a simple fix, & I overlooked a 2nd fuse block under rear seat, driver side, where it plugs, but was fine. PS: On 1st manual opening of trunk I learned 3 more things: that a CTS lid is much heavier when full of the water the lid to light panel allows in That even when dry worn struts won't hold it up, so avoid entering head first That when the new boxed radiator turns out to be the wrong one for the car & was pseudo dealer ordered you prob have a coolant leak, and #4: that you came along just in time to solve his CTS problems. Further this guy accused me of trying to "pull something" by telling him the remote trunk open wouldn't work, but it was fine to not tell me it was a repo, which was why the the promised carfax stayed just a promise. So now it's another $650+ to replace radiator. There's no used car lemon law in NH, which is key info I'm sure to Tom Ross at Peak Auto Sales.