I'm trying to buy a 2005 Cadillac escalade with 110k In good condition , leather ,moonroof , navegation sys, Crome wheels awd, 3rd seat, perfect the problem is the SUV has a previous salvage tittle?

30

Asked by Dec 29, 2013 at 09:27 PM about the 2005 Cadillac Escalade 4 Dr STD AWD SUV

The owner is selling the Cadillac for
$13000.00
I want to know , how much is worth
with previous salvage tittle

Do not buy this one. You will NEVER be able to re-sell it....furthermore this could have been welded out of several cars (seen it before myself with our 27 point inspections) ....and if you take it to an alignment shop it will never be able to be aligned will swim dog-trackin; it's way down the road and in slippery conditions will be OUT OF CONTROL~ so NO don't do it...no matter the cost~

Best Answer
105,775

I agree with judge. I would not advise buying a vehicle with salvage title. The only way I would advise buying one with a salvage title is if you are only going to strip it for a parts car. IMO anyways.

Best Answer
1,995

Way over priced. Even with a clean title it should be less than $12,000. Being a salvage title it will be very hard to resell as Roy pointed out. Also check with your insurance company as they might have a problem insuring it. There are some good salvage vehicles out there ~ My Jaguar is one of them, but plan to keep it forever and run a car fax to see the extent of the repaired damageand have it looked over well. Only buy it if its extremly discounted. I wouldn,t pay over 10 thousand if it were me.

30

It is a previous salvage tittle

1,995

Once a salvage, always a salvaged title. No way to reverse it.

105,775

That means that for some reason it was a salvage vehicle at one time and someone repaired it enough to pass it off without having to call it salvaged. Why was it salvaged? Flood or major wreck? Again this is just my opinion but I would not want my wife or kids driving or riding in a previous salvage titled vehicle. If anything ever happened to them while they were in it I would never be able to forgive myself.

1,995

True danayoun. But In my case I found a car that hit a deer and for some reason the insurance company paid the cost of the vehicle instead of the cost to repair. (I'm not sure if the air bag was deployed, that might have something to do with it) but the car was purchased from the insurance co. and the damage was repaired to the front quarter panel. The car has been good to me for over 3 years, but my title (NYS) says savlaged on it.

1,995

BTW a bank will not give a loan for a salvaged vehicle

105,775

Steveq sounds like you might have found a good one. My major concern is there are a lot of flood vehicles that people are trying to put back on the road here lately and the buyers are just buying a major headache and in my opinion a very unsafe vehicle.

Alfred....just drive this one yourself and enjoy all the accouterments~ had this exact situation with a volvo 240....the utility of having the wagon (for takin' my bass to gigs) outweighed the squirreliness....besides the roads are dry out here in northern California~ sold it for the same exact price that I bought it for ....$550 bucks~....previously salvaged....no family...no fear~

30

Than you so much for all your inf. I will no buy this vehicle

1,995

I do totally agree with you dandyoun. That's why banks and some insurance companys wont go near them. And as J Roy said some may even be welded together or have a bent frame. They still must pass a inspection. the 1st. one is done by the state DMV its regested in. But its to high of a risk for most. My car was brought pre Katrina, And I did alot of research & made a low ball offer. I have seen one dealer that only sells unrepaired salvage cars. That does tell me buyer beware.

I bought a 2005 Cadillac Escalade with a salvaged title. It had 95,000 on it and everything in the vehicle looked great; it ran great and was very smooth and handled excellent on the road, dry or wet. I paid $8500 and have owned it for several years. I financed it at a credit union with no problem and my insurance covered it with full coverage, again, no problem. Maybe I just had good luck, but it was great buy for me. Of course, I don't plan on selling it or trading it in any time soon. So I think it really depends on the vehicle and what the owner plans to do with it.