Last week I purchased the new 2007 328i sedan and found that the steering is very loose not stiff (a lot of play in the steering), the BMW handling is almost non existent not to mention the lack of control. Small bumps or defects in the road grade causes this car to slightly sway. To make sure this is not a defect in the 2007 models, I test drove the exact same model, the control was in fact that of the BMW. This validated that my vehicle has a defect. I've spoken with the service technician and the salesman and they seem to blow it off. I love BMWs driving them for years, the steering and handling have prevented me on numerous occasions. Now, I have a vehicle that I am afraid of driving what can I do?

Asked by Jan 20, 2007 at 09:58 AM about the 2007 BMW 3 Series 328i Sedan RWD

19,195

Hello, Because you just purchased the BMW, you have a legitimate beef to take up not only with the local dealership, but also with corporate. I suggest telling the dealership that you will not be letting this issue go, and that you will be calling everybody you can throughout BMW to get it taken care of. Just keep asking for managers until you get somebody to help you out and take care of the terrible customer service you seem to have received from the dealership. Best of luck. Sorry you have to deal with this! CarGrrl

10

Sorry cant help you as I have been having the same problem with my 2002 735, and nothing i have not had replaced by incompetent dealership-from tires, stability bars, lower arms, stability control unit. Please share when you get solution outside this forum. Hayatuddin

75

Do you by any chance live in Ontario, in canada? If so i may be able to help u, i work for BMW

275

its called a lemon law! + it should be under warranty!

155

If you approach the service adviser in a rude or threatening manner as some people have suggested, he won't want to help you. If you feel the steering is loose and you've compared it to other 328i's of similar vintage, make an appointment with the service tech and tell them that the steering is very loose compared to other cars. Ask them if they can ride with you in your car and one from the lot. BTW - the other 328i that you drove, did it have Active Steering? Does yours? That can make a huge difference in feel at certain speeds. How many miles does your car have? Is it still under warranty? Are you the first owner? Did you buy it from this dealer? Has it been wrecked? How much of its history do you have? These are all important questions that play into how much the dealer can do for you. If your car isn't under warranty, don't go to the dealer for anything if you can. They are overpriced and only seem to want to work on warranty cars. Besides you have a suspension or steering issue - nearly any independent BMW shop can do the work. However, if under warranty and still not getting satisfaction from the dealer, take it to an independent BMW repair shop (or another dealer) and have them look at it and write up a detailed estimate with the symptoms listed. This may cost you ~$100. Take that to your BMW dealer and complain to the Service Manager and ask for reimbursement of the fee and satisfaction for the repairs of your car. However, you must give them ample opportunity to do the repairs before taking this route. If still not satisfied, call BMW Customer Relations - 800-831-1117

155

considering that your warranty is no where near expired, try a different dealer than the one you bought the car from... in all honesty, some of the dealers really just arent very good. i've had experience with a dealer refusing to replace a blown speaker that came with my X3, however a 2nd dealer was more than willing to do it (as it applied under warranty) the warranty that comes with the car is valid throughout ANY bmw dealer in the US so if its still a problem, try a different dealer... small tip: dont be afraid to drive a BMW. they are honestly some of the safest vehicles you could ever want to be in...

i love bmw

This is a mechanical problem, your BMer steering should be tight, and little stiff *hence performance car. Take to dealer or a BMW Tech right away