New Issue: Why does my car beep when I turn the key in the ignition?

315

Asked by Aug 25, 2012 at 04:07 PM about the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT Sedan FWD

It just started today. With both the remote start and manually starting the car, after I turn the key to start the engine, the car
beeps. Not a long, warning beep, but a 1-2 second beep. I check the dashboard when it does it, but nothing is lit up. It's weird.
Anyone else been having similar problems or know what it could be? Worst case scenario, I'll bring it into the shop.

8,465

is your seat belt on? when you start? also it could be monitoring to airbag system.

315

I know the seat belt dings lol. The airbag system should be okay. No lights about it. No lights about anything really. Maybe I'll bring it in later. It's basically the high pitch beep you hear when you start up buses.

4,345

Hi Kristina, Sorry to hear you're having this issue. After checking the Owner's Manual for your vehicle, I could not find anything in particular to what you're experiencing. If the beep continues, I would recommend taking your vehicle in to the dealership to be checked. Vanessa GM Customer Service

Best Answer Mark helpful
315

Thank you. It's nothing detrimental so I'm not too worried.

8,465

it could be wire "crosstalk" where the wire can get the power/ data from another line, like stray voltage. it happens sometimes. i've experienced it on an older car. when i slammed the door shut, my speaker would sometimes sound.

315

I found out what it is. I have a CyberPower adapter for the car. One end is for the car, while the other is for normal plugs. It beeps when it powers on. Every time I start the car, power is supplied to it, causing it to beep. It's my husband's fault for leaving it plugged in. All's well!

1,130

My car would not start yesterday, the message on my dashboard stated that the key was not recognized. I was told it might have been due to an alarm system, on the building I was parked next to, was interfering with my keyless remote system. I ready my owner’s manual (2012 Cruze LTZ) to see where I could insert my key manually, but there was not a place as the manual described. How do I start my car with a manual key? Where exactly is the ignition to place the key located?

10

I hav1999 jetta 2.0 L 1999, while i'm inserting key my car started beeping horon on dash board ther was symbol of battery and check. If you know help me out guys.... Thanking you in advance

10

My car horn beeps twice when I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the right. It's been going on for some time now. I took it to my local Hyundai dealer on more than one occasion and they couldn't figure out what it was (cha-ching$$$). At first they thought it was the keyfobs (replaced the batteries), but it wasn't. Then, they thought it was something to do with the alarm system, not. I even spoke to a certified Hyundai mechanic and he said, 'never heard of that issue'. Okay, so I spend money to get an answer but end up without an answer to the problem. :(