Transmission/Solenoid Issue

Kathleen Davenport

Asked by Jul 09, 2015 at 05:57 AM about the 2010 Honda Accord Crosstour EX-L

Last friday the check engine light came on and the D (for Drive) was flashing. I noticed
that it wouldn't go above 3rd gear. Whipped into Autozone and get the code read.
Solenoid B is switched ON and would need attn. So I took it to the Honda dealer on
Saturday (b/c I'm still under warranty and I presumed it would be covered). Turns out
the warranty doesn't cover solenoid issues. They wanted $1000 to fix. I said "no
thanks" and left with the paperwork. We ordered the part online based on the parts #
on the paperwork. It arrived 2 days later. Installed...and no change. Turns out, the part
number Honda gave us was for the C solenoid. So now, I've just purchased and
installed an item I didn't need and isn't returnable. Still with me? then we
ordered the Solenoid B (Which is a dual solenoid that is A and B combined). 2 days
later, it arrives. My hubby and my buddy (who is an aircraft maintenance mechanic
manager who can fix nearly anything) install the new solenoid. I presume my life is
now back to normal. We drove problems. drove some more....and the check
engine light came back on with the flashing D. Now it's back to not shifting correctly.
On a whim, we whipped into Autozone again....same code. After some digging on the
"interwebs", we find that this issue has happened to a few people...of course none of
them really have a solution. It could be a bad wiring harness. It could be that the
codes need to be cleared and reset (autozone doesn't do that). All I know is that I'm
seeing dollar signs and I need my car fixed. It's a 2010, still under a warranty for the
powertrain and less than 30K in miles.  

Does anyone else have this issue?

Joe Dennis

Oh boy, you're getting the run around also. A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen to a 2011 Civic. CEL came on, green light flashing next to the D. Took it to Bill Marine, they scanned it and diagnosed it, came back and said it would be covered and if there is metal shavings or anything in the fluid then they would replace the trans under the factory warranty. Cool, we leave it there and get a call an hour later saying it wasn't covered and both issues would be about $600. Threw code P0756 shift solenoid "B" and P0847 transmission fluid pressure sensor switch. I then told him that the mechanic who told us he scanned it and told us it would be covered, the service manager then said that was his mistake he shouldn't have said that. I said that's his mistake, you will fix it and call us when you're done, he said it won't be covered and we will have to pay, I said no, your guy said it was covered, it's going to be covered by someone bc she doesn't have the $600 to fix it, he said we can come pick it up we haven't done anything to it yet, I said we stood there and watched him drain the trans and pull one of the parts. He said well that's his mistake and it's not covered. I said call us when you fix it and hung up on him.