Hello. How long does it take to sell a car on these used car websites? This is the first time I use this. In the past, I always sold my car almost immediately by posting ads on the message board at my work.

Asked by yume Nov 09, 2017 at 11:48 PM about the 2010 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

Question type: Car Selling & Trading In

Not sure if this is the best way to sell a vehicle.

381,655

There is no set time. How fast is mostly determined by your price. Do what works for you. There are lots of options.

I purchased this Nissan Cube with the top trim and I am only asking for $4997 (about 15% below fair market price) for it. Bought it brand-new and paid extra for a long extended/service warranty. The car is clean and fuel-efficient.

52,045

My advise is to branch out. List everywhere, even in your own yard/driveway, have a for sale sign in/on it everywhere you go. Newspaper, Poster boards at stores, Magaizines, Auto-trader, store parking lots, ect.

I tried posting it on the local SF Craigslist. Certainly get more responses from Craigslist.

52,045

Got to be careful with some of those responses from scams, They will try to contact you and get you to take their fake checks that bounce 10 days later and the bank turns you in instead of the scammer, you will be held accountable. I have sold on there and bought from there. Some scammers list on there too. They even hyjack others listings and post them in other areas with your photo's and description but their contact information. If you going to do it by phone number I would get a go phone. I get responses from people in other states, 99% never come buy.

52,045

As far as Craigslist goes make sure you always only accept cash, if they have a check let them go get it cashed, Never accept a check that is over the amount you sell for and pass the extra cash back to them, I repeat only accept cash. All paypal payments can be made with charge cards and all they have to do is call the charge card company and stop payment or if they are behind on their payments the charge card company can reverse weeks/months later. There are atleast two different scams with checks, With personal checks they can call the bank and stop payment as they are driving away. Money orders are too be considered fakes, never take a money order, They can go cash it themselves if its real and hand you cash, they usually are for too much and then they want back the difference, this form of scam lands you in Jail. Cash only. Cash only. Cash only. Cash only. Cash only. Cash only. Cash only. One more time Cash only.

Thank you for your great advices. You are right also about Craigslist and the scammers out ther. Cash only is indeed the best way to go. Best regards.