I have a mini 2010 convertible. I cannot top to work. It just shows a car with top down and an arrow looking thing at back of it

Asked by May 27, 2015 at 11:00 PM about the 2010 MINI Cooper Base Convertible

Go to miniusa.com,you can see the manual there,for free.

Your issue is one of these 3 things: 1. the trunk is not closed all the way (latched on both sides) 2. the rear arms that latch the rear of the top down are not locked (open the trunk and look to the right and left sides of the trunk... you should see a lever or arm looking thing on each side. It's attached to the top from underneath... if they are up or horizontal, they are not latched. If they are down all the way, or vertical, they are latched. These allow you to lift up the rear of the top to expand the opening to the trunk area. 3. your rear parcel shelf is not fully in the lower position. To raise or lower it, you have to unlatch the rear of the top (those 2 arms I just mentioned) then lift the rear of the parcel shelf and gently pull it towards the rear of the vehicle. You should notice the front either rotate up or rotate down. you want it to rotate down to the lower position. Once it does, lower the rear of it. You will notice a little "foot) on the left and right rear corners of this shelf. The left one has to depress a button. if it is not doing this, it will prevent the top from opening. any one of these things mentioned will prevent your top from functioning, and any one of them is your issue for sure. Hope you have a great weekend! Ryan George MINI of Tampa Bay