Same problem with my 2010 Mini Cooper clubman. My car battery died because it was old and very cold outside. After I got it started and new battery, the windows and signals will not work

Asked by Jan 07, 2017 at 08:18 AM about the 2010 MINI Cooper S

My Mini Cooper clubman 2010 would not start on a very cold below zero
morning here in Minnesota. I realized that I had never replaced it and it was 7
years old. I had it jumped and all seemed fine except a warning light was on
and I found out the signals and Windows and interior lights do not work after
driving it. I had the battery replaced with a high end battery at a shop near by
that works on minis. The car runs great and Luckily everything else is working
except the interior lights, Windows and turn signals. Seems like the arm that
controls the lights is not working at all, but luckily my lights are working. Also
along the dash where my heated seats and window controls are, the heated
seats and lock door control are working but not my Windows. The shop
checked all of my fuses and registered my battery and nothing helped. I know
it is not moisture because we are in a cold snap and the warning light ( red
car on a hoist) did not come on till after my battery died. My car and all parts
were working great till the battery failure. If anyone has any suggestions to
help I would be go grateful for some answers. Thank you! Jacki

50,855

So the Mini specialists you took the car to can't figure it out and you came here to get the advise from a bunch of knuckleheads that you know nothing about? Taking it to a competent mechanic would be my suggestion.

22,975

Jumping your car is a mistake- was the other car's engine running when you started your mini? I thought so- engaging in this old, tired, 20th Century automotive ritual is a good way to fry your fancy electric toy- the donor car, when running is putting out current and when your car starts, it also puts out current- the two currents collide- BOOM- get into the future here- using jumper cables is as wrong as siphoning gasoline with your mouth-

Seems like other people had problems like this just removing a battery terminal for a few minutes. Just thought if this happened to anyone else before like I have found in other blogs, what could be the problem before I take it in and I get a $600 bill from mini to look at it.

50,855

Totally understand and wish you the best of luck with it. Perhaps do some "Google" searching for similar problems would be helpful.

Thank you!

Is your problem solved?

Hi Nadrah, Sorry you have the same problem. I did find the problem. I found a blog on the internet that also had the same problem after their Mini lost power. He said it was the Foot Well Module located on the drivers side just beyond the area where you pull the latch fir the hood. It was certain fuses in that box. In my case it was the whole module. It was not cheap to fix. The part was around $750-$800 to replace and then the car had to totally be reprogrammed by the computer. I luckily found an auto care place here in MN called Honest 1 and they did a wonderful job and everything is working perfectly I have my windows, signals etc. back. That module controls all of that. So try that. Foot Well Module or FRM Good Luck! Jacki

It was over $1000 with parts and tax etc. but so happy my 2010 Mini Clubman works again!

Sorry you had the same problem too. I hope this works for you too. It did for me. The Foot Well Module controls the windows and the signals, lights etc. Wishing you Good Luck! Jacki