Dodge Journey SE 2010 idle issues

40

Asked by Jan 05, 2015 at 01:54 PM about the 2010 Dodge Journey SE

I bought a used 2010 Dodge Journey SE have had it about 5 months, had 75,000 km on it when I bought it and just put little over 6000, coding issues came up lately on dash that resulted in sensor in throttle body being replaced, same code still came up they figured out it was gas pedal sensor, replaced it, code still kept coming on, took it to a Chrysler dealer and was told it was electrical lead in, their computer still shows having to replace the same parts I just had done. Very pissed with dealership who I got this from, is it worth a battle fighting them over fixing it ??

40,595

I think it is a false code that appears. The dealer should do a software update. Here is a little update I found :Vehicles equipped with a V6 engine may develop a rough idle after cold start with the Check Engine Light illuminated and code P050D stored. Our technicians tell us a powertrain control module (PCM) software upgrade is available to correct this concern.

40

It is a V4 though, that's what I've been wondering as well if the codes coming up are accurate, but it's also done from time to time it will just shut down the car while I'm out it will just lose power then be down. Then I have to wait turn it on to get it back going buy the code stays on I guess my concern is ok so the parts replaced wasn't need will I be able to get that back from the dealer the money I spent to get fixed when those parts didn't need replaced I guess unless I take it to them they won't do it they probably want to look at it because it was their repair shop that fixed it, performance wise it seems better but not how it was so I guess I'm curious can false codes really do that much to the system that it could shut it down or give codes like that saying this and that need to be fixed

40,595

Bring it to an AutoZone and have them read the codes for you. Write them down. You can try to fix it yourself. You can Google the codes and try and do it yourself. They wont' give you your money back. Most shops will not refund money on electrical components. What exactly is the car doing as far as running poorly?

40

When the car is idle the rpm would go up and down and my foot wouldn't be on the gas pedal Sometimes as I said before the car turns off while I'm out the power will just be reduced all the way to 0 and won't let me go It takes a while for me to build speed and power when I'm on the gas pedal like it takes a bit to go up how fast I want to go then normal

40,595

There was also a recall due to the key just shutting the vehicle down. Have the dealer run the VIN# for your car. All recalls should come up. I have read other posts concerning electrical issues. If you have the Blue Tooth option, that was raising havoc with one guys dash electronics. Another person posted that theirs needed a software update for the CCN. Which is your Cabin Compartment Node. Or gauge cluster. It does seem odd that the same codes appear even though the parts have been changed.........

40,595

Those problems sound like a bad Idle Air Control Valve, and a bad throttle position sensor.

40

Thank you for your help,so most likely the parts I had replaced there's no way to try and get that money back because it's all electrical stuff? Do I take it to the dealer that that I got it from well they are just sending it to a chrysler dealer or is it worth finding a dealer closer to me that is chrysler that can look and try and fix it?

40,595

If the dealer you bought the car from is not an actual Chrysler dealership, I would take to a Chrysler dealer. The place you've been going certainly doesn't seem to be interested in solving the problem. I wouldn't bother wasting your time to try and get money back. They will just say that they put the parts in according to what codes came up. Did you purchase an extended warranty or anything like that?

40

Yes and was told this isn't covered under warranty because it's electrical components

40

I took it to a the Chrysler dealership, I showed everything what was done and replaced, after 2 days, no codes nothing comes on, they can't find anything wrong, getting it brought back today, will see how it drives.

20

Did you ever figure out the problem? My journey is doing the exact same.

I think 5 months is too late to expect to be compensated for this! I don't even think Judge Judy would rule in your favour.....sorry!