Did you know that Subaru is Number Five?

25,005

Asked by Nov 21, 2015 at 01:46 AM about the 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

In a leading Consumers magazine on cars,   Subaru is ranked number 5 in 2016  
new car reliability?     Actually,   the list is as follows,   1.  LEXUS,  2. TOYOTA.
3. AUDI. 4. MAZDA. 5. SUBARU.  6. KIA and 7. BUICK.      SO,  it may interest
you to know that aside from Buick,   all other American cars are actually listed
in the bottom one third of the ratings.    Unfortunately,  cars are like fine wines,
and certain years and vintages change over time.     But,  these are simply facts
from data collected from more than  hundreds of thousand vehicles.    Sure,  
there's a problem with every car manufacturer,   but,  choosing wisely is more
important than ever.    People vote with their pocketbooks.   ARE YOU
SURPRISED?

79,015

Na, I have seen that but it is weird that I see more questions (problems) on this sight on those vehicles. I also seen ratings on that Chevy is #1, but I have not seen Ford involved in awhile. So what do you think? Just propaganda?

116,495

No way...

25,005

Oh, in case you were wondering, that's PREDICTED NEW CAR RELIABILITY based upon almost 3/4 million reports by actual car owners in the past 5 to 7 years.

25,005

One more thing, my other car is a TOYOTA PRIUS, didn't want you to think I was all about Subaru.

95,735

Subaru is selling well but I bet they are hoping the oil consumption issue does not catch up with them! I wonder how they collect the data. My car would bring them down a couple of notches if I reported all the problems I have had.

25,005

Full_of_Regrets, you know, it's kinda impossible for me to believe that this is happening on every car, and sales of these cars have been on an upward trajectory for years. The way you chactererize this is that EVERY single Subaru on the road has this problem! See this attachment about a person who wrote about their 2013, which by the way has the new FB series engine.

25,005

Full_of_Regrets- also, in case you didn't know, there's some Toyota Camry cars out there with an oil burning problem, same for Audi, Porsche and other cars. There's definitely a sampling of problem cars among a broad range of manufacturers. That's why, Subaru and Toyota both offer an oil-consumption test.

95,735

I never have said that all Subaru's burn oil Mark. I do believe that it is far more than is reported. I have seen a lot of engines out of cars at the dealer and I have caught them in lies about replacing engines! So what if other makers have problem cars? Does that make burning oil in your new Subaru acceptable? The last time I rented a car because my new Subaru was in the shop, the guy who drove me to the dealer said that he had given another guy a ride to the same dealer who had his engine replaced after just 2,000 miles!

95,735

BTW Mark, I am getting my THIRD engine after just 16k miles! The dealer ruined my second engine with excessive gasket sealant which got into EVERYTHING, blocked oil passages and destroyed everything from the cams to the crank!

95,735

Oh and I can document every single claim I have made about my car in writing!

25,005

Full_of_Regrets- I never doubted that you personally had a problem with your car and if I were in your situation, yes, I would insist that they fix the car to my satisfaction. So, keep after them and follow up with the documentation. I know that there are others like you and probably some people with Toyota Camrys who need their cars fixed. Look, it sucks to pay $25,000 to $30,000 and have problem like this. So, I understand.

25,005

Full_of_Regrets- did you say that the dealership ruined yours econd engine with excessive gasket sealant which got into EVERYTHING, blocked oil passages and destroyed everything from the cams to the crank! WHAT DID THE SHOP FOREMAN SAY WHEN THIS HAPPENED. ? Those people who did that were either NOT PROPRERLY TRAINED or they were so incompetent and lazy about their jobs they should be terminated. Or, maybe you need to find another dealership, even though I heard you say that this was a long drive from your residence. Subaru should definitely do something for you to compensate for your time and fuel getting to the new dealership. Wouldn't hurt to ask. By the way, you've been able to still drive the car to the dealer for repairs or was it towed there?

95,735

I did not take it back to the incompetent dealer who ruined the engine. I found a top notch dealer and service manager in another city. If you want to know the dealers names then PM me if that is possible in this system. Subaru of America did not offer a tow but I suspect they did not fully believe me when I told them how bad my engine was. The FACTS have vindicated every single claim I have made!! I did drive it there and frankly was hoping it would blow up on the way there but it did make it.

6,910

Audi 3rd? That's the biggest surprise.

6,910

Mark, how many times do I have to spell "viscosity" before you understand?