there should be a relay that will cut power after it sits for a while. can you verify if that light in facts stays on for a long period of time?
I'm not sure. But when I first got into the car I tried to start the car and it wouldn't do anything. I happened to glance at the overhead reading light and it was not bright but real dim so I turned off the light with the switch. When I tried to turn it back on nothing happened, so I'm thinking it was on for two days.
Charge the battery and check for a parasitic drain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF1gijj03_0
boost the car of to charge your battery leave car running, drive it up the street but leave the radio of lights and any phone chargers unpluged drive for about 10 mins
Do Not Rely on the Alternator to charge your battery! You will potentially ruin your alternator. The alternator is there to maintain your battery and support vehicle systems while it is running - not to recharge a dead battery. You will end up running at a constant high amperage from the alternator and overworking it. Use a battery charger at 10 to 15 amps and let it charge for several hours.
Looking for a Used MAZDA6 in your area?
CarGurus has 11,552 nationwide MAZDA6 listings starting at $1,000.
Search Mazda MAZDA6 Questions
Mazda MAZDA6 Experts
Related Models For Sale
Used Cars For Sale