2010 ford focus

10

Asked by Oct 31, 2014 at 10:20 PM about the 2010 Ford Focus SE

My focus will not start. Battery less then 6 months old and has full tank of gas. Everything
turns on it just will not turn over. New tires and I do all of the regular maintenance.  This
makes no sense so now I am currently paying for a car that will not start! I bought the car
used 20 months ago. What can I do to slove the problem with out spending yons of
money I dont have?

111,155

Have battery tested. If it's low on charge have it fully charged then when you get her started again have the alternator tested. It could be going bad and not keeping battery fully charged. It should be putting out 14 volts to keep battery fully charged. If it's not have it tested and replaced.

19,340

Dandyoun could be on to something but it sounds like it could be the starter. Check the wires and connections at the battery, starter and the underhood fuse box. They should be clean and tight.

5

Make sure it is in Park.

10

Everything light's up the radio comes on. Its not the battery I replaced the battery not that long ago and I tested it. The car just dont turnover at all. If it would turn over the car would start. But its like they the ignition is not engaging when I turn the car over it just makes a buzzzzzzing noise. If any of that makes sense

19,340

Again check the connections and the starter itself.

111,155

Ok. With key turned to the start position check the voltage on the large wire hooked to the starter. If voltage drops to less than ten volts then double check battery voltage and connections. If no drop in voltage when key turned to start position then check for 12 volts being applied to solenoid when key is turned to start position. If 12 volts is there then have starter tested.

10

Im having the same issue did u find out wht was wrong wit urs

150

I have same issue 2010 ford focus brand new battery, everything lights up power to everything just wont turn over, heard something about anti theft system, any information would be great thanks.

10

Check your ground cable connection on the battery. The battery voltage may be fine but the bussing noise is low voltage at the starter solenoid. Low voltage at the solenoid will not engage the starter. Disconnect your battery and check and clean all cable connections - battery to ground - remove cable connect from car body, clean with Scotchbrite pad. Reconnect cable. Check and tighten cable connection on starter. Do not try this without disconnecting the battery first ! After cleaning and tightening cable connections, reconnect battery and try to start. If it doesn't start you may have a bad starter solenoid or starter. Also try engaging parking brake, shift transmission into neutral. If after connecting the battery the car will not start, possible starter issue. If car does start, you probably have a bad "Park" switch on the transmission.