what is the bright yellow fluild that would leak on the snow towards the back of the car?

465

Asked by Mar 10, 2013 at 01:52 PM about the 2010 Chevrolet Cobalt LS

Have you checked your coolant? I'm thinking you sprung a leak with the cold temperatures and is running along the under carriage and just appears to be coming from the back...check your coolant level.

94,935

I don't know. I saw some that looked like it dripped from my engine area. Bright yellow like a fluorescent or safety yellow. -- The only thing I did recently was to lubricate the manual transmission shift linkage. One other person saw a similar dropping. If you find out what it was, report back.

25,225

This fluid may be radiator coolant or antifreeze leaking from the cooling system. If you notice even a moderate amount of fluid, have the radiator level checked immediately.

3,090

Suffer oxide, a by product of normal combustion.

Best Answer

Sulpher Dioxide, and she did not say it was coming out of the tailpipe. Seriously you've ever seen yellow smoke? what are we burning car batteries now?

3,090

I said sulfer oxide not dioxide. The muffler probably has a weep hole in it that juice can come out too. I've never seen yellow anti freeze but sulfer oxide is yellow and also a by product off combustion. Google it if you don't believe me. It is in ALL petroleum. My theory is just that, like yours, just a theory.

Is yellow the "NEW" antifreeze color...IDK!

3,090

Your assuming it's anti freeze (which it could be). Might be dog piss for all you know.

yeah, I kinda wondered about that. Put this one up on a lift, and you'd instantly know-

Jean has bailed out of embarrasment...perhaps-

885

it ,s not antifreeze,it snow melting off your exhaust mixed with rust on the exhaust pipe,see it myself

88,785

Well no one here has said it so I will. Don't eat the yellow snow.

ethylene glycol ice pops.

Do I know you James?...no I haven't sold any pieces...just giving them away and saving the images....crikey...I'm famous!

here, feast your eyes on 'cowboy scene 3'- I've never tried to sell any art on craigslist or SF, bud-e must have me confused with another depressed art bloke-

my wife paints horses, nothing but horses on a 16x20..Personally am happy with repurposed thrift store art--slather on some gesso and have at it. see, a person can have a reputation of 6765 and still be good at other things too, I play the Jazz bass, have scores of all the standards, you're welcome to come up to LAKE county for a Jazz session, I've got a piano, sold the drums and Bass amp, but it's all good. (except when it ain't)

3,775

Tis a tangled web we weave.

no. not tangled. bored to death. Do you think that I'd be a carguru if I had FUN things to do? how 'bout you? what do you think? and why do you think it?

3,775

I'm so confused that I've forgotten the question. Just a sec while I scroll up. Brb

3,775

Oh yeah. I remember now. I think you nailed it Bob. I'm thinking though that it is somehow getting into the exhaust system and then draining out through a weep hole in the muffler or catalytic converter. And yes, it would of course be yellow because that's the color that GM's Dex-cool is.

see...I DID NOT know that!...only logical captain!

465

gm dex cool is red and it was sulpher oxide i asked a the dealership when i had my oil changed

3,775

I don't think so. Dexcool is maybe more orange than yellow, but it would be a stretch to call it red. However since that doesn't seem to be your problem anyway I guess its all good.