2010 Cadillac CTS Wagon won't start.

40

Asked by May 22, 2012 at 10:18 PM about the 2010 Cadillac CTS Sport Wagon 3.6L Performance AWD

My 2010 CTS wagon is deader than a door nail.  The doors won't open, the trunk won't open, the lights don't flash or anything.  After messing with it, one of the backdoors was open so I crawled through to the front and it doesn't turn over.  Not a click.  Nothing.  What do I do now?

85

Dead Battery!

40

I know the battery is dead! But the trunk won't open and that's where the battery is! The car only has 6,500 miles on it and it was serviced yesterday. Drove it home from the dealer and now I can't get in it.

40

I'd put a charger on it or jump start it but I can't get the trunk door open.

95

There is not an emergency release in the trunk? You might have to reach through the door in the backseat to get it.

1,465

Most cars with trunk mounted batteries have jump points under the bonnet so you don't have to strip panels to get to the battery in just such an emergancy

6,565

like my 2012 camaro, this car has jump points in the engine bay. see your manual for the instructions.

1,555

If u get Inside , First check if your alternator is working properly Second Check the wires coming from the alternator to the battery and from the battery to the starter Third check if your battery terminals r Cleaned and properly tightened and check battery for damage like cracks on the side of the battery or above on the cover and Finally check for bad wiring near it like open +ive wires touching the body of the car or truck

5

The 2010 CTS has jump start studs on the passenger side of the engine. If your doors aren't locked preventing entry and you can open the hood, you can charge you battery there.

Open your hood and you should see a red cap (+ jump point) and there should be a negative ground point right near it. Mine is on the left when you're looking at the engine. Put a charger on it there.