Can you recalibrate the sunroof?

160

Asked by Jun 03, 2014 at 01:05 AM about the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ AWD

The back of the sunroof doesn't raise and sit flush with the roof.  The sunroof operates
properly but when you close it the window sits about 1/8 of an inch low.  It causes a small
gap in the seal allowing water to drip in.  You can push up on the window and it raises to
the proper location.  I read some threads on other vehicles with the same problem and
you could recalibrate the roof by holding in the vent button.  After doing so they said the
roof sat in the correct position.  Is this possible with an equinox?  Is there a way to
recalibrate so it stops in the correct location?

4,015

Hi ZRaider, The dealership would be in the best position to correct this issue for you, however we understand how this trouble with your sunroof can be cumbersome. If you're planning to have your local GM service center check into this for you, we'd be happy to stay involved throughout the process. Please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com if we can offer additional assistance. Amber N. GM Customer Care

160

I tried what the other thread said to do, and even though it is a different make it worked perfect. Open the sunroof to the vent position, release the button, and then push it in again for 5 - 10 seconds. The sunroof all of suddenly moved and recalibrated itself to the correct position. It now sits even with the roof and the leak is fixed. If I went to the dealership they would probably charge $200 for a fix that takes less than a minute to do.

20

I have the same problem..im gonna try too thanks

40

what was the fix from the other thread ? mine wont open to the vent position.

20

I have a 2010 GMC Terrain; same problem.. Tried this "fix" and IT WORKED!! Thanks so much for the tip! I had combed the web and even asked a GMC dealer mechanic who suggested "adjusting the rear mounting screws (that didn't work)

10

I have a 2010 GMC Terrain, and the calibration took 30 seconds and fixed my sunroof that had dropped also. It didn't leak, but the road noise was very loud! Thank you so much for the tip!!!

30

I have a 2012 Terrain and my sunroof stopped closing flush with the roof line of the vehicle. There was about a 1/8 to 1/4 drop after it closed. Fortunately I never had any leakage due to this issue, but as others said the wind noise was horrific. I tried the calibration technique someone mention and it worked. It took about 20 seconds to recalibrate. The sunroof is now flush with the roof when closed. Problem solved and money saved.

We had the same problem with our sunroof. Husband went out to recalibrate and the first try he held for about ten seconds and no change. The second time I held the button for approximately 15 plus seconds, heard the motor engage and problem solved. Roof went back to normal. So make sure you hold the button long enough, don't give up and wait for the motor to reset.

Thank you so much!! I had the same problem with my Chevrolet Equinox LT 06, minus the leaking, and also the sunroof wouldn't slide all the way back. So I hold the button for 10 secs or so, heard the motor or what ever it is, and then let go. Push the back button and voila! Fixed the both problems !!! :D thank you!

Gmc Terrain 2011 Sunroof calibration worked, just had the engine turn on to get it done. Awesome it took 20 seconds. Thank you

2007 Equinox same thing. Thanks so much for the solve.