I have a 2010 Chey Equinox that I just had new brakes put on, and they told me they replaced a bearing and fixed the stabilitrack. The problem is we drove the vehicle 150 miles and the stabilitrack light is back on again. What's up with that? Are there sensors on all four wheels? Is there some master sensor for this, or did I just waste a bunch of money trying to chase a ghost?

Asked by Jan 01, 2017 at 01:21 PM about the 2010 Chevrolet Equinox 1LT FWD

Chevy 2010 Equinox Stabilitrack light keeps coming back on.

75,665

They should have pulled the trouble code out of the computer to see which part is bad. I'd take it back and have them do that. At their expense! HTH. -Jim

I found an article that was all dedicated to the Chevy Equinox 2010 model and the stabilitrak. Basically the article pointed out that each car has all have what are called toner rings. Most cars these toner rings are exposed and can lead to damage to the toner rings. There are 1 toner ring per wheel and each of these toner rings are spinning with the axle. They are being read by a magnetic sensor that is sending all this information back to the ABS computer that is calculating and ensuring that all tires are in sync with each other. Problem with the Equinox is that these toner rings are built into the hub. So if the toner ring goes bad the hub will need to be replaced all together. The article I found was so in detail that it could get any one to sound like an expert. If I were you check the magnetic sensors. Unscrew them out and make sure they are clean or replace them. Then if that is the issue and you see a check engine light scan the code at like autozone or something and the code will tell you which wheel you need to mess with. Replace the whole hub and not just the bearing. 1A auto had mentioned that if you replace one hub you will need to replace both hubs because they fail at nearly the same time. Ask a pro about this.

I have a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LUTZ and I'm experiencing the check engine light on and a message of engine losing power and my stabilitrack light coming on took it to the Chevy dearleship to be diagnosed and found out it's my neither of my Throttle Position Sensors are working so the whole Throttle Body Unit needs to be replaced,the right front wheel bearing, and right front wheel speed sensor all are connected to this problem hope this helps !!! Good luck!!!

LTZ not LUTZ sorry