Increase Miles per gallon of gas

Asked by Nov 03, 2016 at 03:47 PM about the 2010 Chevrolet Aveo LT

What is the BEST PRODUCT to put in gas tank to improve
milage and performance?  How many bottles?  Brand and
type?  How often and how full should gas tank be?   Chev
Aveo 2010. Help

46,635

Nothing will help your mileage except for tuneups and keeping your tires at the proper pressure. If your engine needs a tune up and filter change you might see an increase in mileage afterwards. The biggest thing you can do though is not to speed and to drive moderately. There is a product I am considering adding to my oil that might help a little -- Liqui Moly 2009 Anti-Friction Oil Treatment

46,635

A good fuel system cleaner is Sea Foam.

Ever since I bought aveo 2010 new, I have faithfully, changed oil on time, used Full synthetic always, have done all scheduled maintenance, replaced cooper plugs with platinum good, till 100000. I am at 60, 000 and did all.maintenance on list. All cleaned and good. I replace my own air filters and just put in brand new one again last month. So I paid for $100 fuel ejection cleaning package and milage dropped from 26 mpg ( I am retired and dont drive on hway anymore, used to be 29 mpg) dropped to 24 mpg two days after All maintenance, new filters and cleaning were done. It is now two months later and it is still 24 mpg. I ran on hwsy, gunned engine, a few times, etc. NO HELP.

46,635

I don't know much about fuel injector cleaning services but maybe the chemicals they used caused the engine/injectors to run a little richer. A dealer might be able to adjust the fuel trim so that it runs at the correct fuel/air ratio but this is just a guess. City driving will give you poorer fuel economy but this is normal.

Best Answer

Definitely Not speeding . Driving local.roads mostly since retired. Air pressure is perfect. Sensor in dash lets me know if low Tires rotated and free alignment on schedule. This has to do with that last Paid Ejection service job. So I am going to go back and tell Firestone what you said and see if this helps. Gas prices this week $1.89 gallon so that is a good thing. But my chevy is running like a Ford motor. Had a Ford monarch once and is was horrible gas milage. I need my Chevy engine back.

46,635

Hey! I drive Fords but good luck. :)

I always owed Chevys. Then I bought a Ford Monarch brand new, 10 mpg at best. Then I drove a Dodge. And could literally watch gauge drop as,I drove. Switched back to Chevy van new, and the my passenger Aveo 2010. Used to get 29 mpg all the time when working and driving hiway. Now retired, just drive to grocery and church. It dropped to 26 mpg all.the time, expected for in city driving. Problem: paid for maintenance 60,000 mile Fuel ejection Clean $100, now I get 24mpg, and it locked in for 2 months now. So I am going back as suggested above and tell them to FIX THE MIX.. as see if that helps. Later

45

Any time you do your regular maintenance such as oil change air filter replacement, fuel filter replacement, if you do a fuel system cleaning with Valvoline instant oil change this can also improve your mileage. Remember to use fuel injector cleaner every 2 weeks to burn off deposits that build up in them so the injector can spray a better and finer mist in your cylinders