I just want to report that just this past Friday, October 11, 2013, I was driving along the interstate when my 2010 Ford Edge lost power. Fortunately I was able to pull off to the roadside but this was very traumatizing for myself and my daughters. I do not want to drive this vehicle again. I had it towed to the dealership and it is still there. I'm contemplating what to do next. Any suggestions?

20

Asked by Oct 14, 2013 at 01:31 PM about the 2010 Ford Edge Limited

If you are flat refusing to drive the car again, and I can certainly understand how scary that can be to be on the side of a highway with children..cars zooming by at 90mph and seems everybody cares only about their own preoccupations and nobody wants to help...thank god for cell phones anyway. OK I don't know your financial situation and it's none of my business, but you are going to have to trade it in for something else, or "get over it"...and I mean that in a nice way, Try to cope and have it repaired, surely it will be less than trading it in. Best of Luck.

20

DAVIDH25 I forgot to mention that I didn't have a cell phone but thankfully a STATE FARM roadside vehicle came to my rescue. He told me it looked as though the main power supply failed and recommended that I have it towed to the dealership. Also, thanks for your advice, it's very real and helpful but my 6 year old was in tears because we had to get out of the vehicle beside the interstate with cars zooming past. I had no choice but to try and get to a phone. This happened on the one day that I'd accidentally left my cell phone at home.

It figures. The day you forget your phone this happens, Murphy's Law at it's best. OK, have you signed any work order at the dealer? To at least have it diagnosed? Your 2010 Edge has a 5 year 60,000 mile drive train warranty, including roadside service, FYI in case in the unlikely event it happens again, so unless you have passed the 60k mark they will (should) fix it free. Then you can decide on trading it in or putting this behind you.

You know what kimmie sorry if I sounded callous, I'm just presenting the facts. I have 3 grandkids...6,4 and 10 months and if they were stranded I would freak myself, my daughter in law with them like that would scare the shit out of me (sorry) My point is I honestly know how you feel about not wanting to drive the car again, But the fact is, it really is unlikely if repaired properly.

20

No, I really did appreciate your response. The car has 70, 000 miles on it but luckily, we purchased the extended warranty. I'm anxious to see how well it works. I am also hoping that the dealership can assure me that this won't happen again. I'll be sure to let you know.

Please do. Let me know that is. Those extended warranties have a lot of exclusions I hope they treat you right.