2010 Cadllac SRX - My battery drains because the fan will not stop going after the car is off.

40

Asked by Mar 30, 2015 at 01:39 PM about the 2010 Cadillac SRX Luxury

2010 Cadllac SRX - My battery drains because the fan will not stop going after the car is
off.  It takes about 15 min and my car is battery is completely dead. Hopefully, its still
covered under GMPP?  Happened this weekend when out of town.  Saturday night and
Sunday, no GM locations open on Saturday when it was noticed, as it was after 6pm.  
and they were closed on Sunday.

68,755

Sounds like the fan relay is stuck. It'll probably be in the underhood fuse box. When you remove the cover look at the underside for a box marked "fan". Pull the relay out and the fan should stop. That'll keep the battery from dying until you have it looked at. Just remember to put the relay back in before you drive it. Otherwise the engine will overheat because without the relay the fans won't come on at all. HTH. -Jim

40

Thanks for your response. I hope whatever it is, its covered under the GMPP warranty.

68,755

You're welcome. Glad to help. I hope so too. - Jim

I have been having the same issue I took it to Chevy because that's where i bought the car, got a new battery and a new push to start and guess what 2 days latter it did the same exact thing again I have had the car park for like 2 months now I am so frustrated will never buy a Cadillac again.

30

I'm having the same problem with my 2010 SRX frustrated don't know what to do

40

Well it was my fan relay and a ton of other relays. The total fix was over 3,000 but it was covered under my GMPP Hopefully you still have a warranty. I have since sold the car.

10

This really sucks. I bought a Cadillac because I was told it was easy and wouldn't have the problems that my jag had. The electrical problems on this car are just as bad OK we'll maybe not just as bad but they're freaking bad as my jaguar.

10

Oh and yes, my fan just started draining my battery

40

I sold that car and will not buy another Cadillac. I have driven an Infiniti QX60 for the past two years. No issues. Not as visually appealing but definitely a great car and awesome ride.

10

Will changing out the fan relay switch fix this issue? It is something that can done in our garage right? Cadillac here screwed us over and i refuse to go them again. I can't see spending 3 grand on this repair. Thanks. Deirdre B

10

I have a 2012 Cadillac CTS and for some time I've had a problem with the radiator fan staying on for 5 minutes after the engine shutdown and running the whole time the engine was running also during this time my cruise control wouldn't work also it was throwing codes for O2 sensors well I found out today that during an oil change somebody left the barometer sensors unplugged that fixed everything check for stuff left unplugged during oil changes

lclaiborne2005, Had the same problem, Autozone has a fan relay for $11.95 which worked perfectly for my SAME PROBLEM!

10

cooling fan mini relay replace, problem solved !!