2010 Toyota Corolla S- speedometer, odometer light is not working at night

110

Asked by Jun 27, 2015 at 08:43 PM about the 2010 Toyota Corolla S

I have 2010 Toyota corolla S.. All of a sudden my speedometer and odometere, clock
lights stopped working at night..It wasnt working all togather so i changed the fuse "#10"
and started working  in day time but once it night its stopped working. all indicator lights
are working though.
   which fuse should I change? I have attached fuse box picture for kind reference.

That's the underhood PDC (Power Distribution Center) have a look at the dimmer as shown..I flipped it. Fuse #10 in that is 10 H-LP MAIN 50 A H-LP LH LO, H-LP RH LO, H-LP LH HI, H-LP RH HI (Headlights Main) Now if that is not it see your owners manual Page 35 (will go full screen)

Copied and pasted from manual: TAIL 10 A Parking lights, tail lights, license plate lights, front side marker lights, multiport fuel injection system/ sequential multiport fuel injection system, instrument cluster lights ...so if it was that fuse your fuel injectors would not work = no start If you don't have manual., and it explains things far better that I can from here you can download it At http://www.toyota.com/t3Portal/document/om/OM12E31U/pdf/sec_04-03.pdf

110

Hi Guys, I am little confused. so is it something else or it can be fixed with replacing fuse? please help

That, ca_guy is very difficult to answer with certainty --- but yes, probably. I forgot to post the picture you posted and I manipulated a little. It's might take some probing with a multi-meter, The brightness of instrument panel lights is adjusted by turning the Trip Odometer stem. (Page 146) That could be faulty. I am trying to find am image of the other fuse box, not the one you posted (which BTW was excellent) Can you take a picture of the map on that? (Click for full screen)

I can copy text from it but not images because it's a pdf file. But may I ask: does it make any difference if you have the headlights turned on manually at the multi-function switch, on the stalk, or you use the auto dusk-sensing setting?

110

please kindly look at this picture. does this help?

110

Hi Ford, first of all thank you so much for helping me on this. i am not sure what auto dusk-sensing means but i havent touched any setting from day one. i just turn on more or less with day light or at night. this is the first time i know that there is a fuse box inside the car who does all these. my knowledge about car is zero. i read manual but doesnt help much.

I can copy text from it but not images because it's a pdf file. But may I ask: does it make any difference if you have the headlights turned on manually at the multi-function switch, on the stalk, or you use the auto dusk-sensing setting? Remember the daytime instrument cluster lights, including clock) with headlights OFF is not dimmable. Not adjustable. the headlights must be on for that to work, on the trip odometer stem. Which brings up: do you mean the lights on the climate controls also? Or only speedometer/odo. Gas gauge and tachometer light? And does the clock still display time or also go out? Full of questions...I know

Actually, no, sorry, I need the map on cover (if it has one) like your other.

FordNut was not my first choice. I tried CorollaNut but was taken. Corollas are my specialty. Anyway, auto-dusk sensing is the automatic headlights that come on automatically. Now Toyota has done some cost-cutting, in the 10th Generation beginning in 2009. Do you have an 'eye' about the size of a quarter, a lens on the dash, drivers side, near windshield?

110

Hi, yes headlight still turn on at multi function switch clock is still showing time but no light climate control light is out as well

The in-cabin fuse box is behind the little flip-down coin holder. It's not easy to access, you have to take the cover off (Page 351)

110

but inside the fuse box which one shold i change?

110

so i take the fuse out from and put inside instrumental panel fuse box or take out from instrumental panel and put inside the fuse box inside the hood

Then it's fuse #3. Top row, there are fuses 1,2 &14 which are type 'B' fuses, which are bigger, not those. then the next one to the right, the first small fuse type A is #3

No, neither. Don't switch locations. Pull #3 and see if it's blown, in cabin not underhood

110

you mean inside the hood fuse box?

I have scoured the internet looking for the fuse box for a 2010. Sad State of affairs these days. One that claimed to have it re-directed me to a Porn site. Another set off my spyware/virus alarm. Toyota changed the lay-out in 2009, so the older pictures are not accurate

No. The one behind the dash, in the cabin, drives side

That is not a Corolla, but a Rav4, a Corolla crossover. Not identical but nearly....close enough to show you where the fuses are. It's not easy to access.

110

okay so take fuse out from that box and put inside the hood? the fuse box picture i have attached can you point an arrow to show me which slot i insert that fuse? please

110

oh okay. now i understand what your saying . let me look inside and see what i can find. i will send you picture. thank you so much

Finally...

No. Forget about under hood. Those are maxi-fuses.

110

Got it now. i tried. but i coudln't get in. its almost impossible .its so deep inside .

Yes it is. Like Toyota expects fuses to never blow, one of the very few design flaws on a superior engineered car. Or it it they want to force you to dealer to get in your wallet?

110

yeah i already called dealership yesterday and they asked for $150