How do you like the new 2010 Mustang GT?

45

Asked by Jan 31, 2009 at 09:49 AM about the 2010 Ford Mustang GT

25

Well I definitely like it enough to postpone buying a GT until the 2010's hit this summer ;-) I also really like the fact that they added a power bump to the hood - I love that muscular look but I can't stand the idea of slapping a hood scoop on anything if it isn't functional.

15

Yeah I def. agree. I too have been holding off on getting a GT because of the new 2010's. It's still a little early to tell. I remember seeing pictures of the 2005+ mustang and not liking it until I saw it in person. Though I really do like the headlights on this new pony.

75

I would buy one in a split second if I had a job still. But I am a little anxious for the 5.0 2011 edition that will be out in a year.

65

I like the 2010 Mustang, However I would hold off till 2011 when the new more HP motors get put in.. Also would love a new true Ford Boss Mustang to be released.. Then I would concider buying a newer on then mine.

25

I think the V6 still needs a little work too though - 250 horses just doesn't cut it for a car that's supposed to be the king of muscle. Plus, the 2010 Camaro LS V6 is going to drop in a few months with a $22k price tag and 300hp, and the SS is going to come with 400-422 hp. I mean I'll always stay loyal to the Mustang, but Ford needs to step up their game - you shouldn't have to drop a shitload for a GT500 just so you don't get lapped by some trailer park king in his new SS.

65

I agree with you on the HP output of the V6 Mustang. Understand though the Camaro has not been launched yet. It actually may not due to the status of Chevy, The Dodge Challenger took 3 years to basically put a different body on the charger. (FACT the Challenger is the exact same car as the Charger just different Body, Everything else is exactly the same) Ford is being smart. THey are holding off to see what Chevy does and how well Dodge does before they invest more in changing the engines in the Mustang. Of the three automakers in the US Ford was hurting the least because of not jumping the gun. We will have to see how it plays out. Remember Mustang stayed around while Dodge and Chevy's muscule cars disappeared so they have to be doing something right.

15

i don't really like it i prefer the old fastback shapes like the 65 for and example

25

You know it's really interesting that you mention the possibility of the Camaro not reaching production as scheduled (or at all)...There was a slight uproar on the camaro5.com forums a few months back when someone posted a memo of some sort that said Chevy dealers were taking pre-orders (including down-payments) for more 2010 Camaro's then there would be actual cars. If I remember correctly, someone claiming to be a Chevy dealer jumped in and attempted to quash the rumor, but I find it interesting that on the Camaro webpage right beneath the instructions on how to order, the fine print reads, "Placement of an order with a dealer is not a guarantee of production or delivery." And you're right, regardless of how puny the V6 might be, the Mustang is the only muscle car that has remained in continuous production since its birth. That definitely earns it some bragging rights.

75

Who doesn't want a 1965 mustang Fastback? It's the car that started an American revolution! But we all live in a realistic world and I personally realize that to have a car like that you would almost have to murder for it. I would be happy with just driving one for 5 minutes. Then drive a new 2010 or '11 and think that who needs a 1965 when I can have a high power modern piece of muscle sculpted art. That comes stock with 350 RWHP engine and with a few less restrictive upgrades (exhaust, CAI, Throttle body), and maybe a new Billet aluminum Flywheel, aluminum drive shaft and some underdrive pulleys--depending on what is stock on these new 'stangs-- then add a new tune, and you can easy be pushing 500 RWHP without spending the extra dough to get the GT500KR. If looks are that important i'd suggest going to this website and watching the car actually doing it's thing. You might just have a change of heart. It's just amazing what this stock car looks and sounds like. http://www.fordvehicles.com/the2010mustang/

5

I love the front end of it. The way the hood is a bit of a cowl in it and how agressive it looks from all angles is awesome. I like the interior just as much. The shifter is much more clean looking (we'll see how that design holds up though) and the trin through the seats was a nice touch:) The only thing I don't like is the arse end. Too big for my taste. The power plant is still a bit under-done, but with the option to add the S/C, it isn't all that unreasonable. Cliff Notes: I'd get a rag top.

35

Well I like the look of it overall except I'm not the hippest with the back end of the car. It looks rather smused and is not my favorite adaptation to the new body.

35

Ok, I saw the 2010 in person today, but could not sit in it. I may yet this weekend by going in at the end of the Dallas Auto Show and persuading my old co-workers to let me in it. Looks ok, back end is a bit funky. As for the Camaro discussions above, don't be deceived by the disclaimer, it is standard in the industry. The car is coming out. I sat in a base model today and have to say.....yawn...the base model is not as nice as the base Mustang. The high HP cars are however impressive but to me, they are like the Challenger, a bot heavy handed and fat looking.

15

That mock gas filler cover thingy on the back (between the tail lights) is WAAAAY too big. They should just get rid of it altogether. Or make it functional...