How many fuel pumps does a 2009 Chrysler 300 have

Asked by Jan 15, 2015 at 04:17 PM about the 2009 Chrysler 300 Touring

My 300 runs out of gas at about a half tank on the fuel gauge. Someone said it is your fuel pump but my car runs just fine except it runs out of gas and only holds about 9 gallons to fill it back up.

one it is the fuel level float the ethanol in the gasoline will eat the gaskets in it I know this problem my suburban that I got rid of ran out of gas in the mcdonalds drive through and it said full

hi here is the correct info you need for your car.....//the secondary pump is not transferring fuel over to the primary fuel pump..... and is running dry This vehicle uses a saddle type tank that has a reservoir on both sides of the rear drive shaft. The main fuel pump module is on the left side of the vehicle (2) and the secondary fuel pump module is located on the right side of the vehicle. The fuel pressure regulator is in the secondary fuel pump module on the right side of vehicle (1). The fuel outlet is on the right side and supplies fuel to the engine. The fitting on the main fuel pump module (left side) is a vapor line fitting that connects to the right side secondary fuel pump module. Both modules have fuel level sending cards. There are 2 hoses that connect the modules together, one is the fuel supply line the other is a return or siphon hose. The lines are removed from the main fuel pump module when servicing either unit. The ORVR (Onboard Refueling Vapor Recovery) control valve is in the right side module. Two fuel filters are used. One is located at the bottom of the main fuel pump module. The other is located inside the secondary fuel pump module. A separate frame mounted fuel filter is not used with any engine. The fuel filter is not a serviceable component.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Wow, is this some stupid engineering or what!!

interior room dictates were major components are placed ....// even though you may think its stupid it is a good system with very little issues and easy to replace being that it can be removed from under the back seat

I disagree, I'm old school! The fuel pump in the gas tank made the replacement of it outrageously expensive! I could replace the fuel pump or oil pump for under $20 in a few minutes. Fuel pump now costs $200 to $600 to replace! Makes a lot of money for the dealers who kept whining about people who don't come to the dealer for their repairs!

Old school!!.... that's ancient School they haven't put mechanical fuel pumps on cars since the early 80's...and don't bullshit a bullshitter you never paid $20 bucks for a fuel pump or an oil pump and if you did you were replacing it again in 6 months.....and don't tell me that its the auto makers bending us over ...when its the government and the oil company's that are......they are making it so that the vehicles get 50 MPG ...I'm not here to debate you about your opinion ..just here to help folks with there car issues

As a matter of FACT I think I Paid $13 for a NEW bolt on fuel pump (3 bolts) probably in the early 60's. So you know not of what you speak!

You can still buy a mechanical fuel pump for a small block chevy for under $20 brand new, and a quality part. When I worked in auto parts in the early 90's we sold Artex and AC Delco pumps for $12.99. So don't tell me you couldn't buy one for less than $20.*14932%7CL2*14986%7CL3*15378

look arwok is rt u all suck the mercedes fuel system sux anything that goes wrong on these cars is mercedes shit they need to work with bmw lol but the pass side is a problem now im at problem inline to front after tank . lol

Do you have to change both fuel pumps?

Here's one for you guys. 2007 charger with a mid 70s 318. Other then a fuel sell how do I use the stock fuel tank with the manual fuel pump

15 bucks in the 60's = over $100 today. Inflation old man...inflation....

Had a 05 done the same thing change your gage cluster

On a 2009 Chrysler 300, 2.7l, which fuel level sendor makes the gauge work? The left or the right one?