Storage

Asked by Aug 14, 2011 at 04:32 PM about the 2009 Honda Fit Sport

I will store car securely for a year. I have heard two theories for leaving gas tank. One is fill
it and the other is take it to bare minimum. Which is correct?  Any other suggestions? I will
undue battery cables. Where can I get a tarp to cover?  FYI car will be in a garage with 24/7
security (apt building). Thanks.

75

Keep you tank almost to 1/8 and have someone start it every week or so if you can...If not then just make sure when you come back to get like a gas can so you can put new gas in your tank. As for your battery you can unplug it depending on how long you will be gone for just be ready to have someone with you if you do need to jump it. If you do have a Factory Stereo in your car you might need a unlock code when you hook up your battery again. You can get this from your local Honda Dealership. As for the Car cover I would ask at your local dealer ship for one because you know it will fit...If not then any Wal-Mart or Auto Part store should have one. I would suggest a DRI-Z-AIR Dehumidifier Unit Moisture Absorber to put in your car just in case it may get damp from the outside weather. This will help prevent mold or anything from forming in the car while you are away. Hope this helps

Best Answer
35

Fill the tank full and add Sta-Bil fuel stabilizer. Have someone charge the battery from time to time if possible. Make sure you have the radio anti theft code because the radio might not work without it. You basically just need a dust cover so no need to spend a lot of money on a cover.