p0106 problem!

5

Asked by Jan 24, 2017 at 11:43 AM about the 2009 Ford Explorer XLT

Dear Sir,

I have Ford Explorer 2009, I have a problem (check engine light ON), after
Computer test i have this Code ( p0106 ),so car

mechanic told me to change the EGR sensor, I buy orginal from Ford
Motor Company.
but still check engine light ON ( Code P0106 ).

we test transmission Wires from EGR to Computer all GOOD!

So whats the problem?  some mechanic told me to change the car
Computer? another told me no?
another question : (EGR sensor) is the same thing (MAP sensor) ? or
Different?

Please help me
Thanks

76,235

The EGR Valve is different from the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor.... P0106 FORD - Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Sensor Range/Performance.... Possible causes; Faulty Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor, Manifold Absolute Pressure harness is open or shorted, Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection, Faulty Engine Control Module (ECM).....So just change the MAP Sensor, then have the codes cleared by a scanner. If the check engine light comes back on, then have the codes read again.

5

In Ford Explorer 2009, Where can I find Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor(MAP) ? did you have a picture for (MAP)?

76,235

Not finding one are you? I'm not seeing one either. That is just what the code means that came up on your scanner. Is it the right code? I am still researching....

76,235

Ok, I do not know why that code (po106) would come up on your vehicle. There is not a MAP sensor in that vehicle. Are you sure it is not a Mass Air Flow Sensor? (MAF)? And double check that code number.

5

Computer examination of the car shows this code ( P0106 ) !!!! the car work good, no problems . only (check engine light ON) I told you that I changed EGR ? but still check engine light ON !?

5

Im not change the MAF sensore? i will change it tomorrow so, if still (check engine light ON)? what will be the problem ?

76,235

Ok, I am still researching the MAP sensor. In any of my auto parts sights there is no listing for a MAP, so I am trying to get to the bottom of this. The MAF sensor is in the air inlet to the throttle body. Replace, and RESET THE CODES. Then IF the check engine light comes back on you will have to scan again to get the new fresh set of codes that we know we can work with. OK? We have to take this one step at a time to know what is going on.

5

this piece what i change it in picture this is EGR sensor or MAP sensor ?

5

is this the Mass Air Flow ( MAF ) sensor ?

76,235

Yes and yes...Just clear the codes when you are done and we'll see if anything comes back. I don't think you cleared the codes when you replaced the EGR.

5

I cleared the codes when I replaced the EGR for 2 times.

5

if this is EGR , where MAP sensor ? if i show you my Car Engine you can told me ? where i can found the Manifold Absolute Pressure ( MAP sensor ) ?

76,235

There is no MAP Sensor on your engine.

Best Answer Mark helpful
5

if there is no MAP sensor, where is the problem ? if i change the Mass Air Flow ( MAF ) sensor and still (check engine light ON) with P0106 code .... Then ...What do you think the problem ???

76,235

That is what I am researching. Why that po106 code would show up on your vehicle. At this point you could try that MAF Sensor, those are common problems, and snug up the intake manifold bolts. It may be sucking air threw the intake gaskets. Just make sure the codes are cleared afterward. In the mean time I will do some more research.

76,235

The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses the Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (MAP) to monitor engine load. (NOTE: Some vehicles have a Barometric Pressure (BARO) sensor that is integral to the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor and do not have a MAP sensor. Other vehicles have a MAF/BARO and a redundant MAP sensor where the MAP sensor functions as a backup input in case of MAF failure.) The PCM supplies a 5 Volt reference signal to the MAP sensor. Usually the PCM also supplies a ground circuit to the MAP sensor as well. As the manifold pressure changes with load, the MAP sensor input informs the PCM. At idle the voltage should be 1 to 1.5 Volts and approximately 4.5 Volts at Wide Open Throttle (WOT). The PCM looks for any change in manifold pressure to be preceded by a change in engine load in the form of changes in throttle angle, engine speed, or Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) flow. If the PCM doesn't see any of these factors change while detecting a rapid change in MAP value, it will set a P0106.

76,235

I knew I was on the right track...So change out the Mass Air Flow Sensor located in the air inlet tube going to the throttle body. That is your second picture down from the top of this post. Clear them codes afterward. " Some vehicles have a Barometric Pressure (BARO) sensor that is integral to the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor and do not have a MAP sensor."

5

I change the Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor ...after I delete the codes (restart codes) and the code P0106 was disappear,But after 2 min, check engine light ON again !!!!! and after new computer car test, appear a new Code (P0401) !!!!!!! P0401 ( Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected ) !!!!!!!! note: I change the EGR sensor from 3 weeks, I buy orginal from Ford Motor Company!!!! So where is the problem now?! why after code P0106 appear new code P0401???!!!! now i changed new EGR Sensor, new MAF Sensor, delete and restart codes, car mechanic test transmission Wires from EGR to Computer all good! so where the problem now !!!????