Issues with 2009 Toyota Highlander?

125

Asked by Mar 18, 2013 at 10:35 PM about the 2009 Toyota Highlander Limited

Do you know of major concerns with the Toyota Highlander, specifically the 2009 Limited?

not to break your heart, but there are quite a few recalls on this model- http://www.autobytel.com/toyota/highlander/2009/car-recalls/

Best Answer

Whoa Bob, Bob, my friend...there were a total of 5 recalls, one of them air bag issue, one if them FLOOR MATS...they put little hooks on the floor and grommets in the mat...and the other three all to do with TIRES, not anything to do with something Toyota did wrong? Nothing serious at all in any. And to see consumer whining, check out: http://www.carcomplaints.com/Toyota/Highlander/2009/ not much there: a couple complained about a door locking on its own (they do that when you put it in Drive anyway,) and a couple peeling paint. Not exactly a safety issue. **(I bet you knew I would come to this question. eh?)**

...yes. they were askin' for the dirt, so diggin' the dirt it was- By contrast, you could talk of how thrilling the new fiat is to drive--ho ho ho

Good morning Bob. True, they were.

fiats are never any good. I couldn't drive across town without something catching on fire--....usually a cigarette, but rotors were glowing red on account of a stuck caliper---guess this could have been just any car, but is was a 'fix it again tony'...never got up to where I felt comfortable with it after the rust reconstruction added 150 lbs of steel, Wisconsin is not the place to own these-

Tony H (my wife's dad) donated his '79 brown Pontiac to us to make the trip out to California, then after his job as parts inspector for honeywell, got to test a sampling of toyota parts and he said every one was SPOT ON!...he bought himself one of those toyota vans, and has bought toyotas every five years until his death..catholic daddy had 12 children, none car went to waste.

I have not yet had to buy a part for my Corolla, in the 2 years since I bought it. Nothing but oil/filters. But if and when I do, I may consider biting the proverbial bullet and buying genuine Toyota parts from the Dealer. I will go in with my wallet open and avoid aftermarket...well...anything. The manufacturing tolerances they are known for will be worth my peace of mind if nothing else.

there's something to be said for design for lack of tolerance, in this way assembly is easier, and can be hand-waived to move production along rapidly...of course now it's all in the capable hands of welding robots--but I digresse~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuDeEArJ8NQ&playnext=1&list=PL0CA338ABD1E646FC&feature=results_main

105

Ask yourself if you would freak if you suddenly lost control over the accelerator. Haha. I love Highlanders but the 2008-2013 Highlanders seem to have some big problems with the accelerator becoming stuck. Looks like a great car, but on the inside, there are some things not many people know about.