Tire inflation warning light won't go off

Asked by Oct 10, 2012 at 03:09 PM about the 2009 Toyota Prius Touring

I filled the tires up when it came on, but now the warning light won't go off.  The tires look fine and and not low.  Does it have to be reset or something?

Yes, it has a re-set button. Problem is for me (and you I guess) I don't know where it is on that particular vehicle, but any tire shop will know where it is and should simply do it for you. If they want to charge you money to do that simple thing, tell them to (censored) and go to another tire shop. Most will do it for free

1,240

Turn the ignition switch to "ON" without starting the engine. Press and hold the TPMS reset button located below the steering wheel. Release the button after the low-pressure light blinks three times. Leave the ignition turned on for 20 minutes so the computer can calibrate each sensor. Turn the ignition off after 20 minutes.

TupelsMS's answer is better than mine. I had the right idea but he filled in the blanks that I didn't know. Good Day fellas.

8,955

DON'T FORGET, the tpms on the Prius acknowledges a difference of 3 pounds.and should be inflated to i think 36 psi (or close)...completely deflate all of them, 4 or 5 if you have one SPARE TOO!!!!!, then re-inflate them, that manually resets them, then drive for around 3 miles over 15 miles an hour. that reactivates the sensor, if that doesn't do it, message me

160

I have the same problem on my 2007 Nissan XTERA. Where is the TPMS button on my car? Thanks!!?

70

I can't figure out how to turn on the ignition on my 2008 without having the engine go on.

80

The air pressure sensors inside your tires are battery powered devices. If a battery fails, you'll get the same warnings. The tire pressure light doesn't necessarily mean your tire pressure is low, it can also come on if the air pressure is too high as well. If you don't have a tire pressure gauge I would suggest buying one and keeping it in your glove box. After you have set your tire pressure properly if your light doesn't go off right away give it about 50 miles or so for the sensor to reset itself. If it still doesn't go off take it to a tire shop and let them reset it manually for you. Many automotive tools dealers sell tire inflator tools online. You can also buy tire inflator tools at TechPro Tools for different branded cars. Source: http://techprotools.blogspot.com/

Light will not go out after installing new sensor must be reprogrammed by dealer with very expensive scan tool .nuf said !

Light will not go out after installing new sensor until dealer reprogrammed with a very expensive scan tool .nuf said

20

Light is on. Dealer inflated tires to recommended pressure. Told me to drive around awhile. I drove over 50 miles at highway speed. Light still on. Read manual. Turned on car, reset with button below steering wheel. Light didn't blink 3 times showing reset. Kind of not working. Don't mind but don't want to stare at that amber light the rest of my life.