My 2009 Chrysler Sebring 4cyl.'s a/c has been acting weird for about 2 years.

Asked by Jul 26, 2014 at 01:24 PM about the 2009 Chrysler Sebring Touring

At first, it just stopped working on the lowest of settings, then it gradually quit on even
the high settings. We'd slap the dashboard and it would come back on. That worked for
awhile before it quit altogether to the point where you could feel cold air coming out
right at the vent, but it wasn't blowing out at you....or it wasn't blowing at all. I took it to
my mechanic when it was so hot I couldn't take it anymore and magically, it was
working when he looked at it and rather than run a diagnostic he told me to bring it
back when it was acting up. I took it back a week or two later, the only reason for my
delay being financial. It was decided it was the compressor and we couldn't afford to fix
it. We took it back when we had the money and this time he decided it was the cabin
air filter. Replacing that did help some, but the car was back to it's old tricks within a
week. This was less than a year ago.

Ever since, it's run hot and cold if you will. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
It hasn't been unbearable, it's just been blowing like it's on the 2nd notch when it's on
high when it does work. For the past two weeks, it barely blows but every now and then
we'll hit a bump in the road and it'll pop on just a little bit higher. There's still cold air
coming out of the vent, but it doesn't always blow. Yesterday, it was blowing like it was
on the lowest setting which was the best sign of life I've seen out of this a/c in a while.
This morning, it was working on high as though it were on the second or third setting,
but it slowly stopped blowing the further we drove. I tried to take it to a mechanic this
morning, but I'll have to take it back on Monday. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a
similar experience or knows what the problem is. I'm trying to figure out if I can afford to
repair it or if I'm stuck in miserable heat for awhile longer.

I'm thinking it could be the blower motor resistor, since it has worked intermittently. But
it's entirely possible that in the time passed, something else has worn out. Please
help!

68,255

Check the actuator door under dash at blower box,it sound,s like it is not opening right,letting it blow sometime,s then not some,time,s,then if it is alright,check the blower motor itself,it is one or the other causing you this problem,,Good luck with it.