Chrysler Sebring 2009 LX

10

Asked by Oct 24, 2016 at 04:51 PM about the 2009 Chrysler Sebring LX

I'm buying a Chrysler 2009 Sebring , it currently has 158k
miles, I checked the car fax , and everything that came
with the vin number, there's never been issues with the
car, the car is still in its original stock form, nothing has
been changed or replaced, in worried that the car will
have issues right of the back, some guy was talking to me
about a timing belt that might need to get replace, I don't
even know if my car model has a timing belt, I know
nothing about car, what I do know is the car looks great,
it's clean and well maintained,  what should I be aware of
? Like li said I know nothing about cars, please educate
me on what I should be worried about and if the car will
need some major repairs and part replacement soon
because of the high mileage

65,425

A high mile car is a gamble. I would have it checked out by a mechanic who works on a lot of those cars. Maybe a Chrysler dealer. In general any car with those miles may be due for major repairs in the next 50k miles such as engine or transmission. The worst thing is the nickle and dime stuff that can drive you crazy. Are you going to drive the car a lot or just a few thousand miles a year? If the price is right you might come out OK but do your homework.

65,425

Find out exactly what service it has had so that you can ask your mechanic what is due next.

242,005

Yes all good info above. I'd like to add that a Carfax does not show the whole history of the car if maintenance was not reported, such as local garages and DIYers. So it very well had parts replaced along it's life.

10

I checked the car fax, and everything I could find using the vin number, and the car is 100 % clean, It has had zero service, No accident history No type of damage history The only thing the car had was a brother with the heating and AC which Chrysler called the car back for (this was a few months after the cars release 2009) but they fixed the problem. what should I be worried about considering the car has a good amount of miles

65,425

Zero service could mean the owner never changed the oil but it probably means that they had it serviced somewhere that did not report it. Ask the owner for service records.

10

I did but he is a recently owner to, he is selling the car because he just got a 2017 car and wanted to get rid of this one. This is the cars Vin number : 1c3lc46b59n543742 I'm just affairs that once I buy the car , I will have to deal with a lot of issues on the car, even know the car looks good and drives good, but the mileage is really high. 158,204

65,425

It sounds like you really like the car so make sure it is for the right price. An inspection by a good mechanic should ease your mind.