Why won't by g8 start?

Asked by Feb 03, 2014 at 09:16 AM about the 2009 Pontiac G8 Base

The tires on my 2009 Pontiac g8 went bad, so my car was left sitting for a month and a
half while tires had to be ordered, and an appointment set up for installation. When I
went to drive the car to the appointment, the car would not start. All lights and dummy
lights worked, but it would not turn over. For some reason I thought it was the battery,
but getting a new one did not help. Tried jump starting and it did nothing. We fiddled
under the hood and realized the ignition fuse blew, so we replaced and tried again. It
blew the next fuse, so we put a bigger fuse in and that did the trick. I drove to the
appointment, and it started when leaving, but died on the way home. All lights still
working at this point as well. Towed it home, and realized the mass air flow sensor was
smoking when trying to start. Replaced mass air flow sensor, but now the engine
immobilized light is on, and won't let the car start. What is going on, and how can I fix
it?

20,825

why was it smoking maybe a short and that was blowing fuses you'll damage the new one with a short, if in wiring.if real smoke,maf sensors heat up normal on most and if damp will steam off are you using a proper key for the security ? try bat. disconnect and reconnect for a reset hope it helps.,

4,075

The dealership or a reputable shop that understands automotive electrical systems is what you need. Unless you are some sort of electrical expert yourself you are wasting your time trying to sort this out yourself. Modern cars have complex and very sensitive electrical systems. Simply throwing parts at the problem and overriding safety features like fuses and breakers is not the answer. Do yourself and your car a favor and call a tow truck. Been there.