I have a 2009 genesis 4.6. My entire electrical system shuts down nothing works. I have the battery and alternator replace. Some time it won't take a boost. When it shuts down everything resets

Asked by Jan 28, 2015 at 12:37 PM about the 2009 Hyundai Genesis 4.6L

My interior lights flicks my remote doesn't
work.

10

I just purchased a 2009 Genesis 4.6, too. The first time I drove it and parked it at home, the same thing happened to me. Everything shut down. The battery is in the trunk. We used the key to open the trunk. The lock is located on the left side of the trunk. As soon as we took the cover off the battery, everything came back on. Apparently something jars loose on the connection. It happened a second time on me and I just touched the connections and it came back on. But, it shouldn't do this. I don't have an answer on how to prevent this from happening.

20

I had the same thing happened to me. It turned out to be an incorrect batter replacement. These cars have a very special factory recommended battery. You CANNOT just replace it with what the local auto parts store tells you will work. When I had it done at a local shop, it has worked perfectly every since with close to 100K miles on it.

10

I know this answer is much too late but it may help someone else. I just had the same thing happen. Basically, my problem was there was a drain on the battery (called a "draw" on the battery). My symptoms were that if I hadn't driven the car within about 36 hours, my car needed to be jumped. Until then, my FOB wouldn't work, sometimes the interior lights wouldn't work, and when I tried to start the car, lights would flicker and the seats would try to adjust but things were clearly just not working. If the car had not been driven in longer than about 2 days, the battery was so drained that I would need to hook up the battery with a donor car (as if to jump it), and I would need to rev the donor car's engine (while hooked up to my Genesis) for about 10-15 minutes at 2000-3000 rpm to charge the Genesis battery, until it had enough juice to even be jumped. This occurred because I had recently had body work done to the front and back of my car. When they repaired the body work, they caused an electrical connection in the trunk lid with the electrical circuit, causing a slow drain on the battery. I hope this helps someone. My car is a 2009 4.6 Hyundai Genesis with about 110,000 miles. For the record, it is the most fun car I have ever driven. Ever.