Leak - Mercury Mariner Hybrid 2009 , front passenger side.

15

Asked by Dec 20, 2014 at 01:16 AM about the 2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid Base

Everybody, I was shocked that you all experienced what I am!  Maybe we should
lobby for a recall?

I live in Northern California.  In addition to being drier than a lot of places in North
America, we have had a drought for the last few years, and I don't drive as many
miles as most people; so I'm not surprised that my problem started happening at
about 53,000 miles.  Noticed the carpet of the passenger side floor being totally
soaked; a lot of condensation in the vehicle; and the heater died.  Fixing the heater
cost around $140.00.  My Extended Warranty took care of some of the cost for the
heater, but it does not cover leaks.  My Dealer Maintenance Rep told me that leaks
are not covered after the Standard Factory 5 Year Warranty is finished; last August
3rd, for me.  Dealer Maintenance Rep said that it would cost me $240.00 to
investigate my problem.  The $240 charge would have applied, whether I had the
heater work done at the same time, or not.

I am now soaking up the water with towels and cranking the heater (down-vent) at 90
degrees, until it dries.  I hope to receive more information (as well as share) from
people over the Internet.  Perhaps I can find a an independent repair shop to fix this
problem, for less than $240?

Please contact me so we can share our information!  Please remember that this may
also apply to the Ford Escapes.

440

A little guess . . . Heater core hose is leaking somewhere. It may be bypassed without causing any driveability problems to your vehicle. I have never owned a new vehicle so i dont know what the contract states but try to contact or stop by other mercury dealers to see what they advise. I.m in California too and i am mechanically inclined seeking work. I am workinin toward my ASE certification but as of now i have just begun to collect my 360 hours of completion in engine performance and steering, tires, suspension and brakes. But repairing heater core hose should stop the leak.

15

Tamisha, actually the leak is the issue, not the heater. The "Right Blend Door Actuator 4" was replaced, which fixed the heater. The heater problem was partially covered by my Extended Warranty, at the Ford/Mercury Dealer's Maintenance Shop. I am really looking for information, "regarding people who have a similar leak problem, with rainwater pooling on the front passenger floor"; while the windows are shut..

10

My wife 2009 mariner has the same problem, This is my first attempt to find a solution. Any help would be helpful.

15

Acewash: This is CrisV approximately 1 year later! I have a 2009 Mercury Mariner Hybrid, and water is accumulating on the front passenger carpet! I bought it new, while my state of California has been in a drought with little rain, for several years. I noticed the problem a little last year and have been noticing it a lot this winter; since California is now getting a lot of rain. Last year, I showed the problem to the dealer because the moisture some-how knocked out the heater. My extended warranty compensated me for the heater outage, but I was told that the leak was not covered. To anybody who see's my reply, let's initiate a recall? Check this out in YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sqIYvHJ53w

20

My Mercury Mariner is a 2006, not a hybrid. It is also soaking wet on both front floor boards. Had it swept up with a shop vac, now it is wet again. I agree with the person who said we should file a class action law suit. My car has very low mileage and none of the water is leaking to the outside????? Going to the garage tomorrow.

15

Let us stay in touch. People can count on me for any "Class Action".

10

The tubing that drains water from the sun roof had dislodged. I'm a frequent user of drivethrough brushless car wash. I think the high powered jet stream over time may have contributed.