09 g6 wont start and the security lock icon comes on and stays on

Asked by Jan 12, 2014 at 12:54 AM about the 2009 Pontiac G6 GT

my 2009 g6 gt wont start. i got a jump it started but then the partial car/lock symbol came on and stayed on when i shut the car off after letting it run for 2hrs, it didnt start up again why?

4,115

shaybaby, I am sorry to hear you are having this concern. Have you had a chance to have your GM dealership look into this concern? Please email us at socialmedia@gm.com. Erica Tiffany Chevrolet Customer Care

4,805

Make sure you have at least 12.6 volts at the battery. These cars will not start and the security system will not reset with less than 12.6 volts. If however your battery tests okay, do this: Turn the key to the ON position and leave it for ten minutes. This will 'reset' the ignition rotation sensor, which often goes bad in these cars. You may have to reset the security system after this. Go here: http://www.bsecorp.com/files/techtips/ST9303l.pdf. Good luck!

130

My car won't start after attempting to replace the freaking low beam headlight. I never knew changing a headlight could be so difficult. Once I pried it off, we screwed in the H11 light and next thing you know the car will not start. All the wires are intact, nothing else was removed or snapped. Once putting in the new light and turning on the light to check if it works, it makes a clicking noise and the door lock kept going up and down and the lights inside the car were dimming. This is car is making my stomach hurt. I got this car with 12,000 miles now it has 25,000. Practically new. Now it will not start, what the heck all because we replaced the headlight. Really!

4,805

Latron, please copy and paste your question to the main Pontiac page, not this thread. Be sure to tell us what kind of car this is. Thanks!

60

i am having the exact same problems! amongst all the other electrical problems ive been having with my 09 G6 GT! wth ?? why are these cars not recalled since there are soooo many owners having the exact same problems?!

10

I have the same problem it would not start by now it be started

60

I have a 2007 Pontiac G6 4 cylinder it's got to where it won't start half the time like it's not getting any gas can't run the AC it will go dead could it be the switch or the key

Just had this problem. Had power wouldn't start. Called tow truck. He said it was a safety neutral thing. He put it in neutral and then back on park and it started. Awesome for having to use aaa for for mine, a simple soluTion

20

Anyone have issues with the turn single not wanting to shut off when u turn you can hear trying but it's not turning off

10

Did all the tests...and got nada! then used jumper cables and it immediately started. Now on battery charging unit to make sure it's at peak battery power. Thanks to those who posted helpful topics.

30

I have a 2008 g6 3.5 car has always started up until past few days , yesterday march 30th 2017 I diagnosed everything I possibly could think of battery / grounds / fuses/ starter wires ect eventually I thought maybe reset computer leaving neg cable off for 30 seconds and back on nothing its getting fuel and fire I finally swamped out the ignition relay for Tue fan relay and heard it power up it started and ran all day now this morning same bs, checked bat cable then reset it swamped out new relays it started then shut it off went back to start same thing no crank no start I've worked on cars for years even been to Ky tech college it blows my mind any suggestions? Thank you

I'm having dese came problems right now on my g6

2005 Pontiac G6 how ? Help how do you bi pass power when car is not running so battery won't drain in the car don't start

Just started having this issue. Someone told me it was some type of antitheft/security thing in the ignition...a bad magnet that reads the key?? Anyways, guy said I'd need to have something replaced but said if I flip the key it should start. And believe it or not it has. Said the trick wouldn't always work though. Those that have tried resetting the key in the ignition has that solved the problem?