New 2009 Malibu and teh GM Way

Asked by Feb 18, 2010 at 07:14 PM about the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu LT

I'm posting this on behalf of my brother, a guy who is way too polite to say what needs to be said.  One month or 2000 miles ago, my brother purchased a 2009 Chevy Malibu. Since buying the vehicle, he has logged more miles on rental cars than his own.  Why? Every time he enters the vehicle, there is something else wrong, along with daily occurrence of ice build up inside the rear window; only the rear window, only while the vehicle sits overnight.
Al Serra’s of Grand Blanc MI, GM District Manager, and GM Corporate have decided the vehicle is 100% sound.  The daily ice build up inside the vehicle, is my brothers fault.  Apparently, if you own a 2009 Chevy Malibu, the heater system has to be operated differently, than any other vehicle:  I, he, parents, friends, etc have ever owned or operated.  Yet, GM has not provided any wisdom, concerning the "proper" operation of the 2009 Chevy Malibu's heater system.  I know, it's the passenger fault, that's what he gets for allowing someone to ride in his; 4 door / 5 passenger vehicle.  He should read the owner's manual, maybe it will tell him the other four seats, air bags, and safety belts are for show and tell purposes only!
As an American and a tax payer; I cannot begin to describe the amount of frustration that my brother, myself, and our family have towards GM and their typical, hose the customer attitude.  Then there's the matter of all those tax dollars flushed down the toilet, simply because GM has not learned from their historical mistakes.  We are not talking about getting hosed on a $30.00 coffee maker, this a $30,000.00 dollar vehicle or a 6 year hose job!  Unforgivable hosing where I come from.

Come on GM, get with it.  You built 100,000 Chevy Malibu's last year; one of them is a lemon. IE; the reason for the warranty period. If you don't know what's wrong with the vehicle, fine; own up to it and make it right with the customer.  Is standing behind the vehicles you sell too much to ask?  This is not rocket science. You make one customer happy, they will tell 1-10 people; you make one customer angry; they WILL tell the world.  If you don't believe me, re-read this post!

Just in case GM needs further proof before removing their heads from their behinds.  My 65 year old father, who has never owned a Non-American vehicle, is in the vehicle market.  I can assure you, he WILL NOT (in case GM eye's work like their vehicles) be shopping GM products or those affiliated with GM.

I personally would thank everyone that reads this posting.  Additional thanks to GM for making the same old mistakes they always have.  I'm also delighted the tax money that could have improved our children's education, or saved the life of another war fighter was wasted.  Wasted only to postpone the fall of an irresponsible company; same company that has resulted in more American unemployment than other company is history!

Maybe I should print this and the vehicles failures in size 1000 font, get some balloons, and park the vehicle in front of the White House.  At least anyone that watches the news will know GM doesn't stand behind their vehicles.  With GM, it's always has been, and always will be the customer's fault; they bought it.

20

and they wonder why nobody wants there junk

85

I have an 04 and the buttons are super stupid... sounds like you need to find a garadge that knows what they are doing dealer garadges usually hire from schools and those kids (often) think they are gods and everyone else is stupid. I'm supprised they didn't tell him that he should move to florida so the ice wouldn't build up! ha! Al Serra's of Grand Blanc MI... not getting my buisness

4,625

graet post. i think it is quite informative.

3,195

what was the question ? besides all these problems the 09 malibu doesn't even look good . I hope you get GM to make your car right , there's always the lemon law.(maybe)

35

Dude, this space is for questions, not lunatic rambling.

9,985

if you are getting ice buildup on the inside of the rear window, use your rear defrost to melt it, and then run the a/c (leave the temp set on red or hot)- this will help get the moisture out of the air inside the car- then go looking to see if you have some type of body leak- a body shop may be a good choice if you don't have good luck with your dealer.