How do I reset the window controls to allow operations from the drivers seat? The lock out button seems to operate OK. But unable to control other windows.

Asked by May 11, 2012 at 08:47 PM about the 2009 Lexus RX 350 AWD

We are unable to control window operations from the drivers seat. Windows will open  &
close using door buttons. But not from drivers master control.l

1,015

This happened to me after disconnecting battery, panicked a bit. Raised and lowered each window individually a few times, and it fixed itself. Not sure what is the combination that did the trick.

760

Turn the ignition on first. Like Jose said, from each door lower the window then raise it. Repeat this twice and you will be all set

900

I do have the same problem with my 2009 RX 350. This does not help and other windows won't operate from the driver seat....:( HELP please!!

3,505

Go to the LR door and lower the window all the way and then raise it all the way. Do it twice and then check the automatic function from the switch in the LR door. When the auto function is initialized the LR window should now work from the drivers master switch. Repeat for 3 other windows.

900

It is not helping. Is there any other posibility od fixing this ??

280

Fully lower and raise the windows until the indicators become solid (not flashing), you will regain the control from driver window control panel.

80

my window was fix, after turning on vehicle and winding down the window one at a time and up, and then use driver door window control to operate. my problem was fix, thank you

270

Same here - replaced dead battery - all windows stopped working but the driver's one. Turn ignition ON - no need to turn the engine on. One time full down and full up was enough for each window (from its own door control) but the driver's one. Had to do the driver's window down/up several times to get the button green LED to stop blinking and regain full auto function.

60

It work for my RX400H, thank you guys very much.

300

unable to turn rear windows down from any control position> i just replaced dead battery to new one.

70

Can't believe thats a Lexus fix but from an import technician it is the fix.

160

I followed a combination of instructions from this site. I opened and closed each window individually, leaving the driver's window open while doing the others. I then closed and opened the driver's window again and voila, the central control worked. Thank you all....as I was dreading another trip to the dealership!!!

240

well 3 of them work! now the passenger window won't go up or down with the master control

50

Just fixed the same issue on a 2004 RX330 ~ worked quickly on rear windows, took several times on front passenger window, but it fixed it THANK YOU!

220

I immediately was able to open/close the LR and RR windows from the FL (master) control after completing the instructions above. However, I still have been unable to get the FR (passenger) window to open/close from the master control after several attempts at going through the entire process :( 2006 IS350

220

UPDATE: I got instructions from here and it worked like a charm. None of my button/switch lights ever turned on or blinked though: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-second-generation/291026-electrical- help-windows-won-t-roll-up-after-battery-disconnect-2.html 1. Turn on ignition and open driver side front window halfway 2. close driver side front window and hold switch for 1 second 3. have a look at the other door window switches (they should be flashing) 4. repeat same procedure with other 3 window switches

40

It worked for me, thanks guys (Lexus rx 350)

60

Turn on the ignition, lower all the way the window you want to fix, raise all the way up, keep holding the switch until the light stay solid. Fixed!

70

Wohoo. I panicked we replaced our battery last night and my windows would now roll up or down from the drivers side. Followed the steps above and they are working!! :) :) Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

10

Had the same problem, here's what worked for me. Held each individual button in the up position for 20 seconds and when released window will stay in the up position. I then let down and back up and problem solved. All working properly now.

30

I think all of these things work. I tried the one where the driver's door is lowered and raised, then tried each of the other doors, and they all started performing correctly. This was after the Toyota dealership replaced the battery and did not check the windows. Bob Osborne, Longview, TX

30

Thanks guys it worked!!! 09LEXUS RX 350 Weird but that's the trick.

It worked perfectly for me. My battery died and had it recharged. The driver side window worked but not the others. So I put the engine on, lowered raised the other windows 3 times for each window....like magic, everthing worked thereafter .Thank you guys for the advice.

50

I jumped my 07 Lexus gs350 now my conditioner it's the working display says (check the connection to the air conditioner) my outside temperature isn't displayed anymore and audio and climate controls does not display

10

08 RX350 - Thanks guys. Replaced the battery and could only operate the windows from the Driver cntrols. The above instructions made it a breeze to correct. Thanks!!

20

Same window problem after replacement of the battery and the windows were reset based on the suggested procedure. Thanks!!!

50

2004 RX330 here. After my wife drained the battery, we lost master control from the drivers seat, we also lost the auto function on all windows. None of the ideas above worked for me. Tried the up and down 3 times, as well as the driver, passenger, passenger rear, driver rear, sunroof order thing. What fixed it for me was in the manual, roll each window down half way, then roll it up holding the up button for a second after hit hits the top. After doing this, the auto feature on all windows was fixed, and the master control started working as well.

I have a problem is just i try everything my windows won't go down when they want to go down they stay down have to be there half an hour playing with the controls until it goes up and also my AC don't work when the windows wanted to go down the ac starts working

10

Procedure worked on the inside Windows, but the hatch Back door pwr. Door dose not work, from inside nor the remote key any one have suggestions, or a fix. Thx

20

is the door power switch in the glove box on or off?

Thanks all you guys. It worked!!!

Thank you so much, it worked like a charm.

Thanks very much! It do helpful for my 2005 Lexus RX330!

10

Thank you I did have to put the windows up and down several times. Before I got all to work.

The above instructions work. I have a 2004 RX330, followed the instructions, got the rear left and right windows control back, but had to try the passenger side multiple times. At one point after holding the driver window switch up for 20 seconds, the driver window opened about an inch then stopped, but I waited about a min and tried it again and it worked. For the passenger side, here's what I did: 1. Ignition key on (don't have to start the engine) 2. Lower driver window all the way down twice 3. on the second time raise the window closed and hold the switch up for 20 seconds 4. operate the passenger window from the passenger door switch full up and down twice then try passenger switch from the driver side console 5. You should be able to now operate the passenger side window from the driver side console. 6. If it doesn't work, try the sequence again. It may take a few times for the car's computer to set the memory

Thanks a lot. I did and worked on my 04 GX470.

Same trouble with my 2008 Lexus RX350. The solution "fixed" the back windows on the first try. The passenger window was troublesome. I tried many different combinations. Driver window up, down, midway, then cycle passenger window from the the door control up, down, midway. Cycle back windows. After about twenty tries, the passenger window finally worked from the drivers door controls. I'm not sure which combination actually did the fix. Just keep trying.

hi, I had the same problem, and after reading this, I tried on my car, and it solved all 4 doors. thank you very much :D I just tried 2-3 times on each window and the master can then control all of them. very happy. :)

I have Lexus Rx 2008 , the windows and lock button not operating .can not open or close the windows or luck the doors. try all the above answers but did not work. pls advise

what about if none of the windows will go up or down. Yet the moon roof works. I just changed battery

Lexus is250 : Push start button twice but do not start car. Open each window half way then close it and hold button up for 5 seconds.

10

I just got a 300 H last week, and had this problem. I tried this, and after three times, the front passenger and left rear passenger controls then worked; the right rear didn't. I repeated the cycle 4 times on the right rear, and now they all work. Thanks, folks !!

My 2009 rx350 is totally dead? battery is ok ? any suggestions what that could be?

My battery died from leaving it at the airport for 17 days. Windows wouldn't work from driver side after that. Tried the above mentioned fix of lowering each window and then closing it. It worked! Thank you. My mechanic said I'd be needing a new switch but he was wrong!

20

the down up system works (sunroof too) but I have one rear window which will not take.... tried swapping switches but only works in manual... no autoclose... any ideas?

10

it worked! Thanks