I have a complete 454 out of a 1972 SS( block, crank, heads, intake, carburetor, dist.) Does anybody have an idea on how much it's worth ?

40

Asked by Jan 28, 2015 at 11:18 AM about the 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS

Block is standard bore, engine is apart. Block pressured tested good

25,345

not as much as you might think- Chevy sells so many crate engines that demand for an original would be limited- likely that someone may want just the block, or just the heads- if you find someone who wants it, then let us know what they pay-

1,095

1972 was the first year the engine block was stamped with the VIN of the car - where is the car? - if someone is looking to restore a particualr W code 1972 SS chevelle with that VIN then it could be worth a few thousand dollars no problem. If I had the W coded 1972 car and needed that motor because the VIN matched the block VIN I would willingly pay 5k.

40

I don't have the car, I bought the engine 4 years ago. The #s are T0327CRX. From what I can find, this came frome a 72 SS chevelle 4 speed car.

1,095

CRX should be LS5 with M22. But there should also be a VIN number on the pad next to that - at front of engine in front of passenger side head on the block - in 1972 that was the same number found on the car itself by the windshield and used on the title and registration - 9 digits I believe

40

The vin is 12B641875

1,095

Maybe if you post a classified ad on Chevelles.com or some of the chevelle registry sites you might find someone who is looking for that exact block - B is for the baltimore final assembly plant - the VIN for the original car would include the 641875 as the last six digits so you are trying to find owner of the W coded 1972 Chevelle which includes that VIN ...could also be from an el camino I believe, the ID number of the car should be something like 1D37W12B641875

1,095

sorry - 13 digits total 1D37W2B641875 el caminos had an 80 instead of the 37 and not sure about the D

1,095

allegedly there were only 1,625 CRX coded blocks in the chevelle for 1972...so you can imagine if someone has the car with that vin finding, the matching engine would be a nice prize

Squatt is the motor still for sale I have the car and looking to restore

40

I do have the engine.

I sent you a private message did you receive? I included my phone number do you mind giving me a call?

I'd like to purchase from you if possible

How can I contact you

Do you still have your motor? Thanks pat

40

I do have the engine

Hi thanks for getting back to me. What is the date code in the motor? Did you come up with a price yet? And where are you lacated ,so I can figure out a price for shipping.

40

Are you talking about the casting date or the vin nubers on the passenger front ?

Sorry .... Yes please the casting date Thanks

40

The block does not have a casting date on it. It appears that there is a spot for it, but no date. I am not sure why. I can send pics of the block with the vin if you would like.

Pics wood be great thanks. Is it a 3999289 block?

40

it is a 289 casting. How do you want me to send the pics, to your phone ?

ptpmax@shaw.ca Please

Hey 454 Nova, Is the engine still for sale?

Yes it is for sale

Can you please forward pictures to lugojamie@hotmail.com

Will forward in about 2 hours.

That sounds great...thanks!

Hey GranSport_735, please don't forget to forward me any pictures that you may have...thanks.

GranSport_735, I have not heard back from you and am still interested in the 454 engine. Please let me know if you are still interested in selling...thanks!

do you still have it

do you still have that 1972 454 engine ?????