What is market value of 1972 Chevelle SS

Asked by Oct 11, 2010 at 10:05 AM about the 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS

I kinda inherited this car and was wondering what fair market value might be.  It has a 462 CID 71 Corvette L-88 engine.  Has a manual transmission and runs great.  The interior is a little dirty and the outside has no rust.  

25

It all depends on whether the car is also an SS an orginal big block car and a stick. Those are some big determining factors. The L88 motor however is an extremely valuable motor and can make the car a lot more desirable. It also being a stick makes it desirable. With the chevelles after 1970 there was no notes of it being an SS or not on the trim. I would say anywhere from 20-30 is the range.

135

By looking at the picture of it I am pretty sure it is not a true SS which makes it a little less valuable but it is possible that it is a true SS. The big block with the manual also catches peoples interest. I would say the car would be worth at least 20 grand.

135

Actually there is a way to tell by the trim if the car is a SS after 1970. One of the major pieces was the rocker panel trim which was only put on Malibus. Also the trim going across the door was usually not put on SS Chevelles. However, it was possible to order an SS with the trim like that.

95

Don't sell it, keep it, that car might be worth a chunk of change, but a lot of people, me included, would kill to have that car. Put some nice cherry bomb true duals on her so she rumbles nice and keep ahold of her.

205

about 40 or 45

20

Actually in 1972 which was the only year ALL the chevelles except the 6 cylinder were SS models. Since its stick shift and its the biggest motor they made that year I would say like 25-30k but like most said id keep it. I have the same one with a 404 engine n I enjoy driving it n love the attention n stories I hear about it from the elders.

30

I have a 1972 chevelle ss and it is all restored and its got foot and a quarter meats on it and its got the original 350 engine and its a true ss