why is my 2009 hatchback missfiring

Asked by Jan 06, 2015 at 12:10 PM about the 2009 Chevrolet Aveo Aveo5 LS

seems to be missing at beginning of each gear(stickshift)

needs new sparkplugs

If you didnot get the recall done in your warrentee period it may also be the coil pack mine has started again so I change the plugs then the coil pack again. It has not improved now I worry about the timing beltn it is out of warrentee and I understand that can be expensive. Good luck

Check the boot between the mas air flow sensorand the throttle body if it has small cracks find a way to plug them up for now. Be carefull handling he boot you can make the failure terminal! Disconnect te mass air flow sensor from the top end of the boot, remove the air cleaner coverand slide out of boot carefully, then loosen end @ the throttle body and remove carfully. Inspect boot carefully do not over flex boot! If you do find cracks you will need to repair them I used gorila tape cut to 1" strips and then cut them many times from the edges so they would countour into the bellows then cut other parts of tape and got creative sealing up the edges then put in silicone gasket sealer at last I wrapped the whole mess with gorila tape carefully re- install boot & and check performance of vehicle. Here is the real bite of it for the 2009 the boot by itself is not available you need to buy the mass air flow sensor, 240.00from the dealer 175.00 on ebay.