problem with 2009 subaru forester

60

Asked by Aug 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM about the 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5 X L.L. Bean Edition

just bought 3 days ago. flashing engine light, cruise, stability and temp light stay on. 65500 miles

70

omg I bought mine 3 weeks ago and have the same problems, Took back to dealer, and they said my catalytic converter. lol I didn't believe it, So i'm waiting to get a second opinion. This must be a common problem.

60

Hi, I honestly think I have the same catylitic converter issue. I still have until Saturday to return the car alltogether so I'm taking it to Subaru tomorrow and have it put on the machine to read the codes. If it's the converter which is extremly expensive the dealer that sold it to me will either get it back or fix it. I took it back (bought if from a Hyuandi dealership) and told them about the problem. They did an oil change, oil filter and engine flush. That fixed the problem for one day.. I'm returning the car tomorrow and getting my trade in back. At least I know it runs properly.

70

I bought mine at a hyundai dealer also. I called them again, and they said they couldn't fix it was to much money. So i'm just stuck with my problem. I have a limited warranty, but it doesn't cover that. I thought they couldn't screw people like that, but guess I was wrong. But thats the same thing they did to mine and it fixed it for 2 days, so I guess they figured they did all they had to. Funny thing is if I use my warranty there I don't have a deductible, but why would I wanna deal with them again. I'm thousands of dollars in debt for a messed up car I just got .

60

I just spoke with the Ohio Attorney Generals office. The guy told me to send a registered letter to the dealership after I get an attorney. Atty General takes 10-14 days to address an issue and I really don't think I have a leg to stand on with this issue. At least I make my issues known. I love the car so I'm having it towed to a Subaru dealership here to see what the problem is. I will keep you posted.

70

It's not right, that they can sell cars, and they have issues a week or two later. They probably just reset the codes, and knew the whole time. I love mine to. I just hate it because I debated paying cash and getting a cheaper car or using that for a down payment and getting this one. Guess I chose the wrong one. Oh and I was a single mother that needed a dependable vehicle, they should have felt a little bad.

60

I finally got a call back from the manager this morning. He's ticked because I haven't given the lender my pay stub so they can complete the loan. He said he would "see" if he could talk to the used car manager and have the car towed to an actual Subaru dealer for repair. Saturday will be the last day my contract says I can change my mind. Really tricky of them to let those days go by but I'm sending the dealership a register letter tomorrow with a timeline of my attempts to contact them about the car so that I have proof of my attempts to get them to address the issue. Then will either sign for it or refuse it. Either way I have proof of my attempt to give them the opportunity to address the problems with the car. BTW, I got a call from the lender of my trade in today. It's still in my name and the Hyundai dealer has not sent them any money at all. The loan company agreed that because this is the first late payment received in the four years I owned the car, I can pay the interest amount to protect my credit rating. I'm a fighter and I'm not going to let them get away with this. I will pay to take them to court.

70

wow they didn't even pay off your old car yet. see that's funny. I just won't deal with Hyundai anymore. Good luck with it. I was wondering though. You said you would have to have it towed? Is it not running at all? Mine runs fine, just no cruise and the stabilzer control is out. And the check engine light. And feels like part of my passenger seat is missing, and I had oil or something in my radiator. Which they flushed out and said it wasn;t leaking any where. They just got me.

60

No, the car stopped running the third day I had it, then again on the fifth day. On the 10th day they finally agreed to tow it to the dealership. That was two days ago. I understand they are closed on Sunday but today makes it a total of 9 days since I was able to drive the car. No they still have not made a payment on my trade in so I'm getting calls about it. Don't know where my trade in is at and they won't even give me a car to drive.I feel like justcalling the police but I will let BBB and the Attorney General handle it. My mom had heart surgery last week and had it not been for the fact that I have been at hospital all day every day I would have gone there and opened a can of whop azz. I just have to deal with things by priority right now. I will let you know what the outcome is.

70

Tha's just not right at all. I hope your mom is ok also.

60

Update, 09 Subaru has 8 year 80k waranty. I called the actual subaru dealership and they told me to bring it in on Tuesday. I will let you know what the outcome is.

Please let us know what became of your vehicle and the issues. My car is at the dealership with exactly the same flashing indicator lights from transmission slippage right now.