1987 T-Bird Turbo Coupe

Asked by May 26, 2014 at 04:28 AM about the 1987 Ford Thunderbird Turbo

Curious on Market Values; current and future ? Being past Motor Trend car of the year
help predict future value and "collectorbility" ?
Purchased new; 5 speed/ under 80 k, always garaged. NEVER in snow.Flawless interior.
Original except SS exhaust .Superb; virtually trouble free vehicle.
Thank you for your expertise on value !

242,445

Current value is approx. $5K. Future is hard to predict. I would assume the longer you keep it in nice shape the more it will be worth.

22,455

A cool car- but not very valuable for these reasons: the V-8 is more fun and an owner doesn't have to worry about paying for a turbo when it goes out- they made a lot of these and the styling doesn't get people excited (but I think they look good)- Motor Trend picks some dubious machinery for their "Car Grande" and it doesn't mean much, if anything- it is a modern, plastic, electronically controlled car and will not be considered a "classic"- if you want a real classic, buy one, and watch your value appreciate- I think you will be lucky to get 3 grand for it-

5,195

I can't tell by your photo if the paint is bad or just reflections. If car is near showroom but not specifically a show car, I think you might get $4000-5000. If it is near perfect and you find the right buyer that is looking for this particular car you might get as much as $7500.

Best Answer

Tk you all for the the time with your answers. The paint is factory shiny and the Maple Trees in the background reflect just that! Vehicle always garaged and as mentioned never in snow and being in New England the interior does not take a beating like in the "sun" States ! If you know how to drive a turbo changed vehicle (cool down period when "hot") etc.it is very durable; plus on the highway achieves an honest 26 mpg as opposed to 16 mpg if a V-8. Plus very comparable performance times. Can't buy much for 3k around here. I suspect value around 7k. Any other opinions or those who know the vehicle appreciated ! Thank you all .

5,195

Here is a link to NADA classic car guide on your car; http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1987/Ford/Thunderbird/Turbo-2-Door-Coupe/Values copy and paste that to your browser address bar and see for yourself. I put my zip code in as I didn't know yours. It may make a minor difference in the value. No matter what "book" value is on a classic car, the real value is what a willing buyer is ready to pay a willing seller.