1988 chevy camaro 2.8 above the oil filter there are two swiches, one I think is the oil pressure, but the other one no idea what it is your expertise will be appreciated thank you

Asked by Dec 14, 2013 at 07:25 PM about the 1988 Chevrolet Camaro RS

above the oil filter there are two swiches, one I think is the oil pressure, but the other one no idea what it is. Your expertise will be appreciated thank you

kinda unclear on what the hell you're talking about....one would not "switch off" the oil pressure....that makes no sense at all~ Just post a picture so that all us guru types can take a gander and start guessing and do a mad search for the answers....it'd be fun...but a picture is worth a thousand...~

James Ramond

unplug it and try to start, were talking the 80,s here! its the fuel pump switch. a manufactured device to protect them from todays drivers, and you too after warranty

John Carson

7jummy7, I agree with Judge-Roy, post a picture, your explanation escapes me. Aren't all switches manufactured? Well not the ones on a willow tree, they're grown. How do people put a switch in to protect the car from drivers 20+ years in the future? What switch is activated after warranty? When you learn proper English and typing, answer.

James Ramond

question asked, what two switches in oil line, oil pressure=one, fuel pump kill = two, get it? no pump no run , no warranty claims ,or less claims at best . for them during warranty , you benefit by the manufactures {auto} [switch] delphi or whoever supplies parts in the long run

John Carson

Well I guess I will have to run down a 1988 2.8 Chevy Camaro and ask the owner to "pop his hood" so I can look at his two switches above the oil filter. If there are two switches, and one is for the fuel pump shut off and the other one is for the "oil pressure" I will have to really understand the why are they there. Why having a shut off(?) switch for the fuel pump is protecting warranty claims? Isn't that what a fuse is for?

John Carson

OK, my bad. Instead of trying to be a smart ass, all I had to do was look it up on the internet. These are not toggle type switches, these are sensors for the fuel and oil pressure or sending units. One is for the fuel regulator for the EFI unit, the other is for the oil gauge and engine sensors. Still am confused what they have to do with avoiding warranty costs.

Best Answer